Ran out to Wasilla, Alaska to visit Mark Whatley at Cruiser's Only. He's a great mechanic and friend.
AlaskaHJ47

Ran out to Wasilla, Alaska to visit Mark Whatley at Cruiser's Only. He's a great mechanic and friend.

My goal is to make a solid roof extension like the one in this pic. I already have the foam and this summer I plan on making it. I want the 3/4 roof rack on top of that and a small 1/4 roof rack over the cab like the one in he picture.

I can add the photos for some reason. I'll have to later or send me your email and I can email them if you're interested. I'm working on the form for the roof top extension in fiberglass now

I'll send you the pics in just a minute. I like the spring over, rather than a body lift, because, it gives you better clearance from the bottom of the axle (just a few inches, but every bit counts sometimes). One thing I chose to do was put in a high steering kit (very recommended with a spring over mod), that brings the steering arm up over top the axle AND puts the arm inside the leaf springs. You'll also need a double-knuckle to make this happen. You can either buy one or make it yourself, but If you choose a high steer kit, your steering arm receiver will be too low, so you have to do both. I'll send you some pictures of mine tomorrow.
Zack

Was wondering if Cruisers Only is permanently closed? Tried calling a few times and no voice mail or answer to the phone call. Am up in Alaska for the summer and need to take my 83 FJ60 in for some maintenance before I drive back down to Oregon in mid-August. If anyone has recommendations where to go in Anchorage area greatly appreciated.

Was wondering if Cruisers Only is permanently closed? Tried calling a few times and no voice mail or answer to the phone call. Am up in Alaska for the summer and need to take my 83 FJ60 in for some maintenance before I drive back down to Oregon in mid-August. If anyone has recommendations where to go in Anchorage area greatly appreciated.
I am also wondering if he’s closed. I tried calling him a few times last winter with no response, and there been no activity on FB. If I end up in that neck of the woods, I’ll have to drop by and see what’s going on.

Media information

Album
HJ47 Pics
Added by
AlaskaHJ47
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back