Land Cruiser Importers(ebay-Goldendays91) Scammers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with LandCruiserImporter.com.
Ebay name is "goldendays91" or "dieseltoyotalandcruiser" they keep changing their name on EBay. AKA....Angel and Leo Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.
So I agreed to deal outside of Ebay, (I'm a very trusting person and always try to think the best of people) another big mistake. Her other way to scam Ebay by avoiding negative feedback is to delay shipping. She kept giving me excuses as to why she couldn't get to the shipping dock allowing time to expire on giving feedback. When my Bj40 finally arrived it was a shock! The paint job looked like a rattle can job done in a dusty alley. Rust was bleeding through the paint, holes underneath filled with Great Stuff foam and so much bondo it was probably the only thing holding the vehicle together. The cruiser was leaning so bad to one side and Angels explanation was that it just needed some new rubber bushings. After a few mechanics with over 20 years experience dealing with Land Cruisers looked at the frame they said it had been cut on and was so manipulated that there was nothing that could be done. I contacted Angel and she said she couldn't understand what happened. She again assured me that it was their mechanic/painters fault and she had no idea of the vehicles condition. She said not to worry that i wouldn't lose any money, she wanted me to be happy. She told me to sell it and she would refund the difference to me. So after spending close to $20,000 I was left with a piece of junk. I tried to sell the vehicle at local dealerships but the feedback was the same....looks like a lot of hidden rust and bondo. I feel lucky that I was able to get 6k for the rust bucket and rid myself of the eyesore in my garage. Needless to say Angel never refunded the difference of course and just avoided my phone calls. I've made some mistakes in my life but this was the most expensive and stupid one to date. I know there are many out there that have been taken by this couple. Hopefully enough of us can spread the word so others aren't screwed.

Found this link from another victim...
landcruiser importer will cheat you!

Last edited:
I know someone has a picture of that sexy beast...

cough...skillet...cough

Awsome...

images

Sorry to hear, but this kind of makes me glad that the wife and I did our homework prior to buying our imports. We knew EXACTLY what we were getting into with our rigs. We drove the wife's prior to purchase, and Steve sent us a ton of pics on Stoffel. It pays to buy from a well trusted importer!!

another story of some dumbass handing money over before seeing the vehicle in person.

poor you bra
I feel bad enough as it is, you don't have to rub it in. When I did my research I couldn't find any bad reviews on Angel. It was a stupid mistake, a very expensive mistake. My problem is I trust people too much. Hopefully soon Angel will get what she deserves!

i bet you believe in god.

amirite?
What does my belief or disbelief in God have to do with this post? I just posted this to make people aware of this seller so someone else doesn't lose money.

You are late to the party but if it helps another potential victim then it was worth it.

At your expense unfortunately.

Okay anything coming out of Costa Rica has to be a rust bucket, c'mon use your head. A vehicle known to have rust issues that comes from a part of the world that gets 200 inches of rain annually is bound to have issues....duh. You could have been cruising down the interstate at 80 mph in a nice used 100 with a super charger for the amount of coin spent on that rust bucket.

For what people are spending on these rigs, I cannot believe they don't do some serious research on these scamming sellers who have been doing this crap for a long time...with the "help" of some people on this forum (who don't post much anymore). Quick searches bring up a ton of stuff, all you have to do is LOOK and use your brain. If I had the kind of money it takes to lose $16k on purchase like this, I would be tracking these motherfxxxers down and setting things straight.

For what people are spending on these rigs, I cannot believe they don't do some serious research on these scamming sellers who have been doing this crap for a long time...with the "help" of some people on this forum (who don't post much anymore). Quick searches bring up a ton of stuff, all you have to do is LOOK and use your brain. If I had the kind of money it takes to lose $16k on purchase like this, I would be tracking these motherfxxxers down and setting things straight.
Or buying up real estate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom