Leather from Land Cruiser Heaven, aka FloridaFJ80, aka Frank - review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered from the first round of leather from Frank. The wait was long, but well worth it.

I emailed back and forth with Frank (god bless his patience!) a bunch of times until we got the color just to my liking. He can offer a decent choice of colors to choose from, and I ended up with two-tone gray and off-white with black double row stitching.

My first impression was simply "Wow". These look very nice right out of the box. I helped my buddy do a set from <that guy who no longer is trusted here>. Doing his, I noticed the part behind the seat controls wasn't quite long enough, although the quality wasn't too bad. Frank raised the bar in my humble opinion.

I ordered for just the front seats. I received the front seat leather, headrests, armrests, console cover, and back panel replacement. The seats were all leather, while the armrests were very good quality vinyl as was the back panel cover material. The console cover was leather center and vinyl sides.

It took me about a week of evenings and one weekend to do the seats, headrests, and one armrest. I replaced the driver's butt foam (thanks @beno). The new foam made the driver's side a lot tighter to stretch, but it could be done without excessive effort. I also put in my new used seat adjuster screws from @half k cruiser. It fixed the fore-aft slop I had.

The leather turned out awesome! I learned a few things, and next time I might do a couple things different. After a few days of warm sunshine heat, the slight wrinkles are gone, and everyone who sees them thinks they look great.

Thanks Frank, and thanks for keeping me up-to-date on the progress and working with me to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.

Frank has a new thread with prices and options located here: 80 Series OEM Leather kits

If you are thinking about buying leather, give Land Cruiser Heaven a chance. You won't be disappointed. And if you have questions about the install, I'd be glad to help in any way I can, except doing it for you of course. Unless you're close and have beer...

DSC_9552.JPG
DSC_9701.JPG
DSC_9685.JPG
DSC_9674.JPG

Looks good...!

we found that angled hogring pliers work much better than the straight-tipped ones that Shane used to sell

we found that angled hogring pliers work much better than the straight-tipped ones that Shane used to sell

I couldn't agree more! I bought a set of angled, spring loaded pliers from Amazon. The spring feature holds them so you can load them, set them down, get your pieces in place and grab the pliers and ring it. The angled head lets you see where you are putting the ring. A very worthy addition to my tool stash.

I haven't heard of he who we must not trust! Who is he and why can't we trust him?

Edit: After searching I figured out its Shane with MetricTLC. Why can't we trust him?

Last edited:
search for more threads about him . . . :popcorn:

I haven't heard of he who we must not trust! Who is he and why can't we trust him?

Edit: After searching I figured out its Shane with MetricTLC. Why can't we trust him?

There are a few nice thread in the "Buyers Beware" forum under classifieds for Metric TLC. You can draw your conclusions from there.

Jim,

Man those seat covers turned out amazing!! I am really happy your are happy with them and I appreciate your review.

The website is coming along continually adding more content and products but its live.

www.landcruiserheaven.com

Should anyone want more information on Land Cruiser Heaven. Cheers

Frank

They look great! That first picture though looks like the middle is VERY white. I was gonna puke, then saw the second one and realized it was the sun making it look so white. Smart move for replacing the foam too, it makes a world of difference.

Now do your console so it will match : )

My set from Frank lives in its box in the garage for now. Hope to install late winter with new everything else. Upon looking over the pieces, it appears very well made. I'm impressed how much work goes into these covers for the price.

Congrats, Frank.

From the trip to the slummy part of Florida pines to now, it's been a true pleasure witnessing your dream become a reality, firsthand.

Seeing opportunity and seizing IS the American Dream and glad to see that it and Cruiser karma are both alive and well.

Delancy

Congrats, Frank.

From the trip to the slummy part of Florida pines to now, it's been a true pleasure witnessing your dream become a reality, firsthand.

Seeing opportunity and seizing IS the American Dream and glad to see that it and Cruiser karma are both alive and well.

Delancy

Chris,

Thank you so much for those kind words. It would have not happen had you not taken a chance with me. I am very grateful for that..

Frank

Now we just need to wrangle Frank into a 2.5" reservoir shock set for under $1000 delivered!

Now do your console so it will match : )

Done!
And the front armrest covers are done as well.
I added foam under the covers and it really feels nice on my old elbows! :)

I also replaced the two little rubber nubbies under the console lid. The P/N is 90541-03078. You have to have the lid apart to replace them, so now is a good time!

DSC_9725.JPG

DSC_9727.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom