Builds Nitro Gear / Justdifferentials, Project 200 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Letsgomoreplaces

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.letsgomoreplaces.com
20150826_080501.jpg

After 11 years in the 100 series, and being my favorite most trusty Toyota over the years it is time to try something new. That minivan looking white one in he middle is our next project. Aiming to build the "TRD Pro 200 Series" that didn't exist

So far plans are: (links to products)
-Nitro Gear 4.88 Ring & Pinions, install kits (gear package)
-ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear
-ARB Twin Compressor CKMTA12
-Long Travel Suspension, combo of OE & Billet Icon Front Uppers, Rear lower links, Bypass shocks
-TRD Pro 18" Tundra wheels, black
-Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75r18 or 37x12.50r18
-trimming?
-Custom Bumpers, possibly prerunner style
-Sliders
-fridge, mount, lights, etc
20150826_080501.jpg

Follow this thread for more.

Last edited:
Ha!! "Minivan-looking?"

How could you?!?!

:)

Big diff between 37x12.50 and 285/70:)))

Welcome to Da club...that "minivan" looking one in the middle is going to spoil you rotten.
enjoy it

For long travel suspension, refer back to BJowett's Project 200. Use Tundra parts, easier to find and add travel.
will be awesome to see how much "Fender modification" is needed to fit 37's. will be following. should be fun.

1st mod
Vais Tech bluetooth A2DP Streaming & Unlock for head unit.

2nd mod
-Long Travel setup with OEM Tundra Lower Control arms, Tie Rod ends, CV shafts, Billet Icon Upper Control Arms, TRD Pro Bilstein 60mm Piggyback shocks with Internal Zone Control Progressive 3 rate dampening, Old Man Emu Rear Coils. 1.5" rear wheel spacers, 3" Wider Track, 3" front lift, 1" rear lift for level stance. Considerable increase in wheel travel. Initial dirt road testing on worn out stock tires proved to be a very nice ride.

3rd mod
TRD Pro Tundra 18" Black wheels, with Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75R18. Yeah I wanted bigger too, but will wait until we can do custom body work, bumpers, etc.

20150929_140854.jpg
20150930_094643.jpg
20150930_102126.jpg
20150929_140935.jpg

Last edited:
Damn....carry on

aww man! I was really hoping you were gonna go with the 37s! I wanted to see how you did it!

Carl contacted me about this a little while back.... great to see another one getting the Tundra front end treatment!

For long travel suspension, refer back to BJowett's Project 200. Use Tundra parts, easier to find and add travel.
will be awesome to see how much "Fender modification" is needed to fit 37's. will be following. should be fun.

That's all you got? The bar has been raised high around here lately!

are you gonna roll bigger bump stops with those tires? what's the offset on the TRD pro wheels? Are you relocating the KDSS arm? got my :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: out and watching this build close, gonna be awesome!!! jam some 37's on there:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

wooooo.....that brake line is stretttttched....
How much travel are you getting with the TRD pro shocks?
awesome build.

are you gonna roll bigger bump stops with those tires? what's the offset on the TRD pro wheels? Are you relocating the KDSS arm? got my :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: out and watching this build close, gonna be awesome!!! jam some 37's on there:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

after more consideration 37s just wont look right even with trimming and working of the sheet metal. Really needs fiberglass to keep it low and keep all the travel. even with 35ish we'll need to keep them narrow. We will try to squeeze more after we get bumpers and sheetmetal figured out.

wooooo.....that brake line is stretttttched....
How much travel are you getting with the TRD pro shocks?
awesome build.

Thinking about 11" The brake line isnt stretched like it looks.

35's fit good and travel fine depending on set up. It's my DD and its friggin plush. Have fun - good start

Very nice! Hey largest tire is not always best! Flex? Tire chains? Etc please post up how you handled the KDSS. And alignment stuff? Let us know once you get it out and running! The 100 series you had was a great all round over lander. 200 series has great crawl control. Would love you to run a trail and post that! Glad you are a research and development guru

Oh by the way I hope you did extensive measurements before mods but I guess with stock vehicle we can look that info up
Approach angles depart etc

I bet with a 20" wheel you could find the right offset to make it work but the issue will always be the tire width.. Tire manufactures make the rubber for the masses and they like them wide.

I bet with a 20" wheel you could find the right offset to make it work but the issue will always be the tire width.. Tire manufactures make the rubber for the masses and they like them wide.
Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75R18 are a 35.08x11.25" is what we will start with. We wanted to run the same wheels as the Tundra we built recently:
Want it to be "matchy" with our Tundra we just built:
Nitro Gear Tundra build, 6.5' bed conversion, long travel 2015 TrdPro Conversion, 4.88, 37's
Xfrbl6jl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom