Next Meeting Thursday September 17th 7:00pm @ Cobblestone Pub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Next meeting is Thursday September 17th, 7pm at the Cobblestone Pub in Cobble Hill.

Items for discussion: membership, recap of summer expedition, plan a Fall wheeling run.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you new guys; hope you can all make it out!

Cowichan Valley Pub | Cobblestone Inn | Cowichan Valley Liquor Store

welcome-slide.jpg

Original Post:

Looks like its nearly that time again. Thought I'd throw it out there this time to get your guys opinions on where/when. Usually we have our meets third week of each month (which is next week). Thursdays seemed to work well for the Victoria people.

Anyhow, I'm open to whatever day/venue works for you guys. Let me know what you think. There are quite a few things we will be discussing at this meeting.

Last edited:
I have a buddy visiting from out of town and I was going to take Tuesday off and take him up to the Boulduc Plane Crash Site...so Tuesday is out for me next week. :bang:

EDIT: Buddy called (from Alberta) and may not be coming now, which sucks but might mean I can make it out. My Fam will be down in Vic overnight Tues for my youngest boys' chemo treatments so I should be able to come out to the Cobblestone! I'd be leaving Duncan around 5:30pm, dropping off my other boys near the hospital, and then to the pub, so I probably wouldn't be there until around 7pm...and I don't have a turbo :meh:

I think I have some parts and pieces to bring along for other club members if memory serves me correctly...an electric fan and an old jerry can I think?

Last edited:
Im in if its at the Legion again

Only problem with that is there is no food to soak up the beer. I know a lot of the guys like to order a meal. Otherwise it was nice being outside and meeting the friendly folks there.

We have had good success at the Cobblestone; just not that one day when our one member had no ID. Would not be a problem this time.

Heya, new to this club and looking forward to coming to a meeting that is closer to the Victoria area!

Welcome.

We have been meeting all over as of late to accommodate the members that live on the other side of the Malahat, one in particular that won't cross it ever again I'm sure. Being chased by a pack of salivating priests wouldn't get him on that road judging by the texts I got from him as he was caught in last week(s) debacle.

None the less, there will be meetings closer to home (Vic) at some point and I just might make it to one..... Might.

Heya, new to this club and looking forward to coming to a meeting that is closer to the Victoria area!

Welcome! Next weeks meet could end up in Victoria, so definitely keep your eye on this thread. And if not this month, it'll definitely be in Vic next month. Would enjoy meeting you.

I could only make it if it was Monday (21) or Saturday (26), got rehearsals 6-10 every night. Those days probably don't work for most of you anyway though so don't plan around me! The cruiser is still out anyway :(

I could only make it if it was Monday (21) or Saturday (26), got rehearsals 6-10 every night. Those days probably don't work for most of you anyway though so don't plan around me! The cruiser is still out anyway :(

Thanks Nik. Sorry to hear your cruiser is still down! Did you find a new third member?

Did you find a new third member?
I think when I said that I needed the whole third member and gears was a bit of a hasty, uneducated assumption. I looked at the gears, which were fine. No sign of eating themselves or metal chunks in the oil. It's a loose bearing. I've got a rebuild kit, just have no time to work on it right now, it's back in Metchosin with the old man while I'm out by Uvic back for school. Sure do miss it..

Last edited:
Just a thought we could all meet at Hidaway Restaurant in Chemainus

Hideaway X 2

the best curry chicken on the island

Bit of a drive for us Vic folks, but I'm up for it if you guys show up. What day are you thinking? Thursday ok?

Somebody call it...I can defs make it to the Vic mtg if Tuesday, and I'll need to arrange childcare if Chemainus on Tuesday. Sooner the better for confirmation. :worms:

Thursday would be best for me, I think he cobblestone sounds like the best halfway point.

Hideaway X 2

the best curry chicken on the island

You know that s*** comes out of a can right? :lol:

Besides, the Harbourside Cafe's was better. They'd serve it on fries, that way you could have the heartattack right in the chair and not wait till you got home.

Aside from that Hideaway is a bit of a s***hole. I lived next to it for 10 years, there was a reason we only ate there twice...

Too busy for meetings this week, regardless of where it's held. :meh:

yup I don't think 'diners, driveins, and dives will be there anytime soon. and sign me up for a can of that curry...

Haha, OK, we've got votes for all over the place. Two for Hideaway, two for Victoria, two for Cobblestone (it gets my vote). Lets go with Cobblestone, as it is definitely more of a halfway point and we know has decent food/service. Also, it sounds like Thursday works better for many of you (Sorry Peezed about having to get childcare that day...). I'll update the first post. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom