Builds 1997 LX450 Ute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441291751.694591.jpg

Looked like the snorkel on the wrong side

I'm going to look at a flatbed tomorrow! I'm hoping to have this baby driving around in the next week or two, though she'll still need to spend a day or two at a mechanic for the oil leak.

Lest we forget where we come from:

IMG_4820.JPG

Gettin' legal for the drive over to the fab shop (the junkyard I'm buying the flatbed from will deliver to a local shop for free... neither the junkyard nor the :princess: was too enthusiastic about dropping the flatbed in the front yard)

IMG_4823.JPG

Some tire coverage and we'll be ready to roll!

Thumbs up on a bad-ass build!!!!!!!

Nice. Where I live I just slap some cardboard hand drawn farm use tags on her and tool her around the block. I chose to go with zip ties to hold my lights on... Seemed classier.

Awesome work. I'm pumped to see the flatbed on there. I've got my flatbed built but I have been dragging my feet on the body paint.

It'll be interesting to see your 0-60 time and if all the weight loss made her any quicker.

My new flatbed:

image.jpg

The landscaping sides will go eventually... but I couldn't pass this up. Dimensions are on and the price is right.

Eagerly awaiting the tow truck:

image.jpg

She'll be at Hazzard Fab Worx here in Spokane for help with the flatbed fitment.

I'd make the sides removable. I think thy would add some functionality!! Plus they look legit.

I'd make the sides removable. I think thy would add some functionality!! Plus they look legit.

Yep, that's the plan... I'm thinking headache rack of sorts with drop down sides and tailgates that are removable. The landscaping sides will be a little high once it's mounted, I think!

I am going to take a load to the dump with it once it's done and I bet they'll be useful, though. I'm excited to get to work on this!

Looking at the picture, I could just cut those sides down and re-weld em for the time being.

Thoughts and options... room for a sub tank under the bed, or the spare.

I left the sliders long thinking there may be room for this:
image.jpg

This c-channel looks ready for rotopax, sand ladders, or a drawer.

image.jpg

Tail lights will happen soon.

Less complicated to carry cans if you have the room don't know about putting them on the sliders though,

Spare could fit under the bed nicely! I'm running 285 70 17s and there's room under the bed for it on my truck. You got the room for a 35?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom