Tense moment in the old brown truck. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across some pictures from 2013. It was a trip up to tugwell lake on Anderson main. There's a point where running water has washed away the dirt leaving a smooth rock with a 4 foot drop off.... Well I didn't see that from the approaching side. :bang:
Anyway things got a little tense as the bushes started coming in the side window, but the truck stayed (almost) upright. It was so tippy that I wasn't wiling to get off the truck. I was standing on the rocker panel leaning my weight out of the truck. Meanwhile Katie climbed out and got the winch controller out of the tool box, then strung the cable out to the tree that I pointed out. Once we had the cable tight, and the truck was safe. I got out to look, and take pictures.
Anyway, bit of a sketchy situation, but it all worked out :beer:

Do you still have that truck? Gotta love solo wheeling,

Do you still have that truck? Gotta love solo wheeling,
That was the one I sold to find buying the 70, and yea solo is a little sketch. But we were traveling with my friend on his bike so we would have at least had someone to run out for us. And we had other trucks showing up later.

Crazy. Glad you had some help and snapped some pictures though! Reminds me of when I almost tipped over going around a gate in a soft ditch earlier this year. Things can turn scary in a hurry. At the time I really wished I'd been out with another rig.

70 series especially can be scary when they're lifted and you are in an off camber situation. They're just so tall and narrow they feel like they're going to tip over.

70 series especially can be scary when they're lifted and you are in an off camber situation. They're just so tall and narrow they feel like they're going to tip over.
Makes you wonder how far they would really go. Tall but lots of weight down low. Probably a lot farther than you would think. Would be a rather dangerous experiment though :hillbilly:

Makes you wonder how far they would really go. Tall but lots of weight down low. Probably a lot farther than you would think. Would be a rather dangerous experiment though :hillbilly:

Haha I've actually watched that one. A few times. Given that that looks pretty steep, and that videos rarely do justice I have a feeling that was pretty bad.
Little painful to watch haha

At least it went super slow. Guy probably could have saved it if he got out and stood on the side of his rig. What always gets me is people don't cut their engine when they start going over, they leave it running....with no oil pressure. I guess in a moment like that it is one of the last things you're thinking about.

I havent' looked at the video yet, but the suspension looks a bit modified.
\That guy has skills, but no way I'd ever go up that hill in a truck I wanted to keep.

Commmon, lockers, tire pressure and the ability to know when to pull cable....... some guys are just cowboys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom