BucFL LC100 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So its been a long time coming and i finally found the LC.

How i got here?
I sold my '02 XTerra a few months ago and bought a Armada. Had front and rear AC actuator issues as well as rear leveling suspension problem. I was going to swap the actuators myself but since it was such a large dash, we decided to let the dealership handle it.

So. The dealer set off the air bags, broke both visors, didn't put the rear/front moldings back on correctly, yada yada yada...

Long story short wife was no longer warm and fuzzy with busted air bags and such...got rid of the armada and got us a LC100.

So this has been my dream car since i can remember and i finally got me one. Found it in GA this week. Its going to need some TLC but i should be able to handle it. Going to my mechanic for an inspection and see what needs done. I already know the TB needs doing and possibly an exhaust leak from the sound of the video I have. This will be a slow build and not much happening at first. Wife is due in less than two months so running boards stay for now.

Here it is on the transport heading home. Should be here tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Nice score. Looks clean - I'm sure it'll have a few bugs caked on it when it arrives but you just made an excellent decision.

Very Nice !! What part of FL r u in?

Not many of us FL 100 series guys here, we shd meet up in Ocala sometime!!

Sounds like a plan. I have not been up there in a while... There may be others here in Tampa/StPete area that may want to go also.

Gotta get this thing base lined first.

Well here it is. It arrived this morning. Took it for a drive with wife and we like it. It feels solid to me, but im no mechanic. Ill take it to my mechanic and have him look it over. Hopefully he does not find any major issues.

Not sure if the suspension is still in good shape or if its sagging or time to change shocks. The ride felt fine and comfortable. Will keep the step for now for the wife, but it has to go. I wonder if i can get rid of the body side flare molding too?
IMG_20150719_112635_hdr.jpg
IMG_20150719_182644.jpg

The carpets are dirty so will need that cleaned. Seats have cracks in them too.
IMG_20150719_182555.jpg

First mod. lol The radio sucks and the front DS speaker is blown/shot to bits. Gotta get a radio and speakers eventually. Not sure how long i will last with the way it is.
IMG_20150719_182424.jpg

The wood HAS to go. It looks really bad.
IMG_20150719_182356.jpg

Will keep the step for now for the wife, but it has to go. I wonder if i can get rid of the body side flare molding too?

I removed my running boards and fender flares today. I was a little nervous about removing the flares, but there was not as much damage behind them as I thought there might be. It needs some touch up around the back door area, but the front looks really good.

2015-07-19%2015.34.48-S.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Were there any holes to fill for the flares?

No. No holes in the body at all. They bolt, screw and rivet in on the back or underside of the fender. When you remove the piece around the bottom of the back door, there are 2 screws that look like they go straight into the body. I cussed a little when I first saw them, but they don't actually go through. I used 3M automotive adhesive remover, an old t-shirt and my thumbnail to remove the glue and gasket remnants left on the body.

This is what's under the flare in front of the rear wheel.
2015-07-19 14.16.32.jpg

The 2 screws hold clips that that goes inside the lip of the door. One on top, one at the bottom. Undo the screw, fiddle with the clips and they come off easily.
2015-07-19 14.21.34.jpg

Here's what you're left with after removal.
2015-07-19 14.27.05.jpg

It's not as bad as it looks. Mostly dirt and adhesive. Here it is after clean up. There is a spot where the flare has rubbed down to bare metal.
2015-07-19 14.48.03.jpg

That is the worst damage from the flares on mine. The other side was similar, but smaller. It was only the 2 flares in front of the rear tires that caused any real damage. The others just took some cleaning. If you look close, you can still see where the flares were. There is kind of a line or the paint is slightly different where it's been covered for 10 years. I'm hoping after a light compound and polish, you won't be able to tell they were ever there.

bucfl,
What year is the 100, or did I miss that?

Well flares gone. Such a crime they get put on. Really hate dealer add on's.

I have a 1 inch rust spot on passenger rear that will need touching up before it gets worse. I'm going to have the detailer do a clay bar and the whole truck to get all the gunk off.

Had the seats cleaned and conditioned today . They look better but wife wants to replace the leather.

IMG_20150725_143009.jpg

At the dealer today. Truck did not have the lug nut key, getting that removed and a new set put on.

Also, having them do a 27 point inspection so I have a good to do list to work from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom