Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1997 LX450
2. Owner: Clark Beaty
3. Brownie
4. 208,000 on the clock, (8000 on restoration)
5. Mod summary:
-1hdt diesel engine and rebuilt tran swap from 94jdm (enlarged turbo & new intercooler), factory air box w/ K&N
- HKS turbo timer
- functional hood scoop for intercooler
- factory lockers x 3
- new paint, interior, and cosmetics
- custom built aux fuel-replaced spare location undercarriage: 25gal w/ fuel transfer to main (ttl:51gal)
- led and xenon exterior lighting and light bar
- OME lift and stiffer springs to support heavier diesel
- raptor liner side boards, slider, mirror, roof rack and bumper protection
- 2014 FJ cruiser TRD wheels milled to fit larger FJ80 hubs
- Toyo open country MT shoes
- 110 converters, MB Quartz speakers, pioneer in dash gps/head unit w/ XM
- optima yellow top batteries x2
- 12,500 warn winch with synthetic lead and remote
- customized front and rear steel bumpers and rock sliders/skid plates, rear tire carrier and 50qt yeti rack
- 2 hard wired aux USB's and 2 additional cigarette adapters in console
- custom cup holder for front of center console
- rewired electrical with all factory features/anunciators functioning w/ engine swap incl cruise control & lockers
- and much much more...

***see gallery for more pics***

6. Overlanding, DD, moderate wheeling

image.jpg

Last edited:
1. 95 FZJ80
2. Ricky
3. Brook
4. 260...ks
5. Roof Rack, Awning (2x3m with custom built in remote led light strip) Zombie lights, 50" 480w Osram lightbar. 24" Reverse Lightbar.

Snorkel, Tinted weather guards( Doors & Rear window) Bonnet protector, Side steps. Altezza front/rear lights (all led) Duel Fuel. Dual Batteries, 60" High lift Jack.

Xrox Comp Bar, Ironman 12,000lb winch. 220 Roo lites (converted to 100w Hid) Chrome Projector Halo headlights (55w Hid lows, 100w Hid High Beams) GME Aerial and uhf.

Tjm 2" lift, Standard rims (painted satin black) BFG All terrains 265/75/16. Side Steps.

Rear Draws, Subwoofer and amp, Inverter, Alpine head unit and speakers. VMS 700hdx, Polaris reverse camera and monitor. Led interior lights and instrument cluster. Sheepskin seat covers, Seat organisers. Extra Outlets in rear. Dark window tint.
6. Daily Driver/Weekend Warrior.

Planning for next phase:

Extractors/Exhaust, K&N Air filter.
4" lift with 35's.
Going to have a go at building my own rear bar with wheel carrier and some rock sliders. And plenty more...!
View attachment 1103098

Great looking truck! You got one with a LOT of goodies already attached!

I will advise AGAINST the K&N intake filter assy. Do some searching here about it and make sure you read up.

Welcome!:flipoff2:

1. 1996 LX450
2. Cole
3. PLOW
5. Stock for right now
6.Mudding, get deep in the woods for camping
7. it says error can't upload pic....

image.jpg image.jpg Thanks bro! I will check out some info about K&N. It was pretty much standard when I bought it. I added all the goodies :). Im going to get the exhaust done this week hopefully. image.jpg
Great looking truck! You got one with a LOT of goodies already attached!

I will advise AGAINST the K&N intake filter assy. Do some searching here about it and make sure you read up.

Welcome!:flipoff2:
nks

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm back in the States for a few months and picked up a 1994 to haul the little family around in.

July%25252015%25252C%2525202015%252520074%252520adj.jpg

OMG! Get rid of the damage multipliers ASAP or you will be killing baby fur seals with your insolence!

Welcome back! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

1. Year and model: 1997 HZJ80
2. Name of owner: ChamSL
3. Name of rig: The elephant
4. Mileage: 132K
5. Mods: 1inch coil spacers, 15" steel wheels with 33"x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn MT tires
6. Country: Sri Lanka
7. Wanted: Factory winch, Fabricated bumpers, few mods....
8. Photos:

View attachment 470268View attachment 470269View attachment 470270

[Update 18-Jul-2015] This is how it looks now! After 1" body lift, 3" suspension lift, snorkel, fabricated winch bumper, Toyota winch, 35" Cooper STT's, DEPO Headlights, etc.
After ~5 years, I still love to drive it!

New 80 owners, first LC. Got very lucky with a barn find! sat parked last 10 years and the central valley weather did take its toll but mechanics are great.
1995 LC
Don and Peter
Stock
DD for student son and occasional weekends in the mountains or at the beach.

Currently baselining and so far completed oil/filter change, transmission flush, radiator flush w/Toy Red, differential oil, new brake pads and bleed. Doing full lube and grease next. Some shimmy at 60+ so wheel balance and alignement check.

Other than pads and fluids, only shocks need replacing. Solid so far.

2015-07-19 20.00.28.jpg

1. 1997 Collectors Edition
2.Todd
3. Frank the Tank (Guzzles gas like Beer)
4. 265,000
5. OME lift, ARB front with 12k.
6. Mostly daily driver
7. No good photo yet....
What is your camber after installing OME 2 degree bushings?

1. Year and model - 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80
2. Name of owner - Brian
3. Name of rig -
4. Mileage - 160,000
5. Mods...ARB bar, white knuckle sliders, TRD Supercharger, 17" wheels, center diff lock switch
6. How the truck is used - Not used a lot, I have motorcycles in summer so this is the ugly weather vehicle.
7. Photo. As soon as I figure out how to use this site again.
landcruisersmall.jpg

1. 91 FJ80
2. Patrick Hart
3. Black Betty II (wham b'lam)
4. 185k
5. Minor mods- ARB winch bumper, OME stabilizer, cockroach collection
6. daily driver tool hauler, weekend surf, fish, and hunting ride, with occasional Mauna Kea climb.

planning on OME 2.5" lift and spare relocate.
Black Betty~2.jpg

1. 1997 FZJ80
2. Josh
3. RollerPig
4. 167,XXX
5. Mods (more or less chronologically)
- ARB Winch Bumper: Replaced stock after the fiance "tapped" an SUV in stop and go traffic...hence the rest of the mods are her fault too!
- Warn M15000 (overkill? maybe, but got a killer deal on it used)
- OME Lift 851/863 (slee 25mm coil spacers up front)
- Metal Tech Sliders
- Slee T-Case Skid Plate
- 315/75/16 BFG AT KO2's
- 4x4 Labs Dual Swingout Rear Bumper
- ARB Front and Rear Lockers
- 4.88 Re-gear
6. DD for my fiance (won't fit in the garage at my work anymore), wheelin, camping, kayak transport and any other excuse for me to drive it...

FZJ80 2.JPG

FZJ80 1.jpg

Rubicon Tight Squeeze '15.jpg

1)1991 FJ80
2)Adam
3)Dr Evil
4)152,000 miles
5)-Tube bumper in front, with a winch
-Sliders
-3.11:1 Crawler gears
-5.29:1 R & P
-Full Detroit locker in the rear
-Spartan locker in front
-7 pin mod
-Old Man Emu lift
-SLEE upper links
-37" MTR tires
6)Daily driver (8 mile commute), wheeling and camping in the Sierra Nevada's
7)...

20154042562_df85af22ae_c.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my 98 1fz-fe landcruiser, 3 inch lift, arb steal bar, 35s, part time kit, hid high beams and spotlights.

Perfect fishing/offroad bus!

20150727_112257.jpg

20150802_080736.jpg

20150802_093831.jpg

1. 91 FJ80
2. Patrick Hart
3. Black Betty II (wham b'lam)
4. 185k
5. Minor mods- ARB winch bumper, OME stabilizer, cockroach collection
6. daily driver tool hauler, weekend surf, fish, and hunting ride, with occasional Mauna Kea climb.

planning on OME 2.5" lift and spare relocate.
View attachment 1114388

You need to look up @Aloha Jen to see if you're on the same island........ Maybe you can all go places together. (Meaning with her significant other as well........)

You need to look up @Aloha Jen to see if you're on the same island........ Maybe you can all go places together. (Meaning with her significant other as well........)
Looks like he is on the Big Island if he is doing Mauna Kea runs....I'm on Oahu.

Yeah I didn't catch that he said Kona until after I posted. Oh well, if he ever comes your way, you may know another Cruiser Head!

Check out Makalawena on the interwebs. Short, only couple miles, nothing at all like Rubicon, but it'll bite if you arent paying attention. Kinda of a slow roll, but the kids love it.
Best part? watching tourists pull up to the road in the rental Altima (usually because the read an article in a tour guide describing what a fantastic beach..five stars!!), easing right up to the first drop, then watching wifey wave her hands dramatically with that "don't you effing dare" look in her eyes, the pale, blonde haired keiki leaning out the window, fear spreading on their faces, as hubby begins losing a little color at the site of all that huehue and blue rock, but not wanting to admit he can't pull it off, then disgustedly whipping it into R and heading back onto the pavement

Eddie would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom