What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the front mocked up. With the diff at around 0° my caster is +13°. If I point the pinion at the TC, caster is still +7°/. Will pull knuckles and begin a C&T.
20150531_184821[1].jpg

Any pics?
Will post some later. Feel like I got my ass kicked. Everything went well. Just need to bleed the clutch and adjust it. Next weekend I'm going to look at some leaking wheel cylinders I have.

Wished I was out in the '77 just Cruising yesterday - instead , spent most of the day try to change the front unit bearings on an '05 Chevy Equinox w/aluminum front spindles . OEM's really need to invest in anti-seize , all I got to say about that . Finished up at 9pm last night , but I did get to use the new -4 tip on my Harris torch...
Sarge

I made the hoses myself using Fragola Army/Navy fittings. The 10 feet of hose came in a Fragola bag but is made by Parker. All purchased through Summit.

I made 4 hoses, total cost for hose, hose ends and adapters was $170.00. So $42.50 per hose. Kinda pricey. I did like the fact I was about to build them in my garage and figure out the routing at my leisure.

Last edited:
Wished I was out in the '77 just Cruising yesterday - instead , spent most of the day try to change the front unit bearings on an '05 Chevy Equinox w/aluminum front spindles . OEM's really need to invest in anti-seize , all I got to say about that . Finished up at 9pm last night , but I did get to use the new -4 tip on my Harris torch...
Sarge

It's the little things that make even the most irritating tasks bearable, Sarge!! I hope your -4 tip was everything you thought it would... and more!!

Got the knuckles off. A lot easier than I imagined. I did the field repair short-cut. I'm also learning a bunch about what parts the POs installed. Apparently I have 60 birfs and 60 or mini knuckles.
20150601_185941[1].jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just got the rig back on the road yesterday (Sunday) for the first time since November!

Over the winter I replaced the rotted & bent-up front fenders with home-made tube fenders.
Also, built a new frame-mounted spare tire carrier (to replace old rattly one.)

Got a club trail run in two weeks, so need to get the rig ready for freeway and trail use! :)

Regards,

Alan

Hi all,

Just got the rig back on the road yesterday (Sunday) for the first time since November!

Over the winter I replaced the rotted & bent-up front fenders with home-made tube fenders.
Also, built a new frame-mounted spare tire carrier (to replace old rattly one.)

Got a club trail run in two weeks, so need to get the rig ready for freeway and trail use! :)

Regards,

Alan

Congrats! Uh,...pics?

Made one more little step on my Power steering conversion. Got my Downey pillow block installed. Hopefully this weekend the weather will hold out so I can do a little more work.

Landcruiser (65).jpg

It's the little things that make even the most irritating tasks bearable, Sarge!! I hope your -4 tip was everything you thought it would... and more!!

It heats great , have been trying to find a small rosebud for this old Harris for years , no luck . The last two welding tips had to come from Ireland - took over a month . I can't complain , I've had this torch for 25yrs and not a sign of wear despite running the snot out of it . Picked up a great used demolition model a few years ago that runs on propane - 36" long 62 series that will cut 8" easily . Was really tempted to use that on this GM - but the look on my sister in law's face when I got the Steelworker out was bad enough . It still took 2 air chisels to break the passenger side loose , one being the local fire department's rescue cutter...

Don't buy a used Equinox , please .

Sarge

Got my eye candy back from the paint shop. Stock steelies widened to 8" by Stockton wheel. Epoxy primed then painted Cygnus white. Going to take them this afternoon to have the 35x12.5 KM2s mounted this afternoon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got my eye candy back from the paint shop. Stock steelies widened to 8" by Stockton wheel. Epoxy primed then painted Cygnus white. Going to take them this afternoon to have the 35x12.5 KM2s mounted this afternoon.

35s, Nice! Go big or go home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom