FJ60 fuel pump into an early 2F block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read up on this and there is all this spacer talk but no info whether they are compatible. I have been told by some they aren't and others that they are. I had one installed right before Cruise Moab, it worked for two days then the cam arm broke off. There was a 3 or 4mm spacer in-between the block and the pump. I had to buy an electric pump in Moab but I want to put a mechanical back in.

Thanks,

I have installed the 08/80 and later 2F fuel pump onto F and 2F engines using the spacer that was used for the pump in the original application without issue.

:beer:

Looks like the other thread is about putting an early 2f pump on a later 2f block, I'm doing the reverse. Do they pumps have a history of breaking the arm that goes in the block?

Looks like the other thread is about putting an early 2f pump on a later 2f block, I'm doing the reverse. Do they pumps have a history of breaking the arm that goes in the block?

the arm breaks when you use the later pump 3 tubes without the spacer.

follow what Poser said and you will be fine.

i have done this before and the spacer is important .im pretty sure the new style pump is the one used on the pickups and some other toyota stuff and requires that spacer ..first time i did this i didnt use the spacer because i used a pump from a toyota pickup and the arm broke off .for what ever reason the second pump had the spacer and worked fine

maybe they installed the wrong spacer.. the spacer that was used didn't look like the spacers I've seen online.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom