New Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good day every one!

I am barely catching on to this, but It's Sunday and nothing has happened...

Have you even started this thing lately?

Yessir ... had to move it outta the way to get the jeeper in the garage. :flipoff2:

Found a sweet campin' spot tho scoutin' 'round in the jeeper that actu'ly requires 4wd for access and I'm gonna call that spot home for a few days after this hitch at work. :clap:

:flamingo:

Rig's been resigned to commuter trips to the Denver airport and spendin' most of 'er time in the remote parkin' lot. But with the lil' jeeper in the shop for repairs, it was time to bring out the heavy artillery for some fresh air and stretch out 'er legs some. Nice day.

A.jpg

B.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

Still goin' strong as ever! Took the camper off and put it in the barn just to give the truck a break. No use haulin' it back and forth to the Denver airport.

With the jeeper down again ... time to head to the woods in the trusty ol' truck.

20170724_A_Ford in aspens.jpg

20170724_B_on the rocks.jpg

20170724_C_on the rocks.jpg

20170724_D_approach to camp.jpg

20170724_E_camp.jpg

Since she ain't sold yet ... I took 'er up onto the mountain again this past weekend. :grinpimp:

This here could quite possibly be my favorite rock on the mountain. The Turd goes up and over it least a coupla times a month. Steep and tall but with great traction. Tryin' 'er in the truck just seemed like the thang to do at the time. Locked up and super geared down, she crawled easily up to this point ...

20170803_A_on rock strb.jpg

20170803_B_on rock port.jpg

Jumpin' out for these poser shots was painful. Gettin' back in was hilarious. A terrible shame weren't nobody there to film it. :eek:

Once back behind the wheel, she kept crawlin'. Scraped a bit on the driver's side slider that caused a 'lil wheel spin but went on up and over. Pretty friggin' cool.

Then just spent the day easin' 'round and drinkin' beer. Never more than an hour from my driveway. :flipoff2:

20170803_C_by the rocks.jpg

20170803_D_by the pond.jpg

But in order to commence the serious drinkin' ... best park the truck.

And this here bluff over-lookin' the National Forest lookin' towards Cheyenne was a perfect spot.

Check out the big moon up in the sky ...

20170803_E_camp evening.jpg

20170803_F_camp night.jpg

Have to wait and see what the my next trip home brings. It's the dreaded "TOTAL ECLIPSE WEEKEND". I'm 'bout a hun'erd miles south of the Path of Madness ... but ev'ry hotel in town is booked solid and I'm scared them tourists might invade my mountain as well over the weekend. Traffic comin' North on I-25 outta Colorado is predicted to be a nightmare. Might just have to lay low 'till they all go the fawk back home and leave us alone.

Well how packed was the eclipse viewing crowd?

Exactly as predicted. Of'icial estimate was that a million tourists invaded our humble state of 500,000. So our population tripled for the day. I-25 was a slightly rolling roadblock all the way up from Denver. It was quite a sight. I just eased on into town to my waterin' hole for a lil' eclipse party. Cheyenne had 97% eclipse I believe. From what I've read in the paper, seems most folks were well behaved in our part of the state. Economy sure gotta bump. $70 hotel rooms goin' for $400. And all them folks bought food and gas too. Quite a few gas stations ran slap out. Glad it's over.

I was in SIlverton and it wasn't too bad. Only 84 percent coverage but just the normal amount of tourists.

Just cuz the Turd's down and out yet again ... that don't mean I'm sittin' on the couch watchin' Oprah re-runs. Nosir.

"The mountain calls so I must go." (Editor's note: This here's a famous quote from John Muir in case y'all are curious.)

I was born to wheel and my big-ass truck was built to wheel. So off we went.

Somethin' satisfyin' 'bout breakin' virgin snow. Bein' geared down and locked up and seein' four roostertails flyin' of pure powder. Hearin' a straight-piped diesel screamin' at 3,000 rpm. Most satisifyin' indeed.

20171110_1_snow.jpg

20171110_2_snow.jpg

20171110_3_snow.jpg

When I was a young'un, Momma occasion'ly made me suffer through episodes of 'Little House on the Prairie'. Always thought that was a damned sorry demise of Lil' Joe Cartwright from his 'Bonanza' days.

Reckon he'd of sure 'nuf been more proud to star in 'Big-Ass Truck on the Prairie" ...

20171113_3_prarie.jpg

You seem to be misising a camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom