Went Down to Butcher Jones this Past Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't been there yet.
Thanks for the videos.
Did any of your trails get you to the water?

Yep, we made it to the beach!

I haven't been there yet.
Thanks for the videos.
Did any of your trails get you to the water?
Yes there are several coves you can get to but it was still busy where we were, and we were a few coves in. The further you go the harder the trails get. I don't know if it was just the time of the year but there were too many people for my liking. Definitely a cool place to off-road and some good "obstacles" as you guys call them.

As @Taco Charlee said, there are several that will get you to waters edge. As it gets hotter, you have to go farther to avoid the crowds. Which is okay because the trails get better/tougher as you go farther in.

that 3rd cove looked much busier than I've see it in a while, granted with the road graded all the way to the 2nd makes sense.

The hill you went down Nick, i think scares some folks off, if you went straight instead of right at the top where the road split it goes down and loops to the cove thru the wash. Nice vid work as usual.

did anyone check water temp while you were there? I'm guessing the answer is no but the wife and I do open water swims there and I was curious.

We saw people swimming

What's the length of the run like? Any worries for a stock GX470 to get back there a ways?

Trying to talk a couple buddies into a run next weekend......thx for posting!

you can make the trails around there as long or short as you like, since there is a way (or probably several) to go from cove to cove - if you take the correct turns . . .

with some turns, there can be mayhem

there are multiple connections to the north as well, allowing you to come out by Four Peaks Road - the area is really full of both legal and wildcat trails

you can make the trails around there as long or short as you like, since there is a way (or probably several) to go from cove to cove - if you take the correct turns . . .

with some turns, there can be mayhem

there are multiple connections to the north as well, allowing you to come out by Four Peaks Road - the area is really full of both legal and wildcat trails
this is correct, you can make it down there, just have to know which roads to take. @Cruddz may be able to help you out.

Thank you both! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom