Went on a Walkabout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Easter is one of the most celebrated holidays in Mexico and the biggest day (by far) on the sand hill in Chola Bay. Having been the last few year this year was going to be missed. To get the best seat on the mountain you must arrive early and I did.

IMG_1639.JPG

Getting there early means the party start early:eek: I knew chicks digged snorkels but in Mexico chulo's dig flip out side windows. My bar was fully stocked for the event but I did not get a chance to us it. More on that later.:flush:

IMG_1642.JPG
Around 3PM the growth begins as people start to claim there spot.

IMG_1651.JPG

And then line just to get in grows and stays that way well into the dark.

IMG_1658.JPG
By dusk we have an event in full swing and still growing! Pictured is 1/2 of the crowd.

IMG_1710.JPG

The Mexican people know how to party big time! With consumo masivo de cerveza they joke, act goofy, have big fun in total craziness without a single problem while trading paint sometimes racing up the hill. It a total run what you brung event, just line up and wait for competition or just go for it when you want, its all good.

IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Not a strong showing for Land Cruiser but we did land the award for best seat in the house along with a blue V8 powered 40 and an 80 series, white of course.;)

IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG

Due to the unparallelled hospitality of the Mexican people I never got a chance to use my flip window bar set up. From noon to midnight my Mexican freind made sure the only gringo at the event never was without:eek: Its amazing what a good time you can have when 99% of the people you are partying with dont speak the same lingo.:cheers:

Due to my consumo masivo de cerveza it was best for me to stay put for the night, CampTeq advantage.

IMG_1723.JPG

But I didnt miss first light of the next day :)

IMG_1726.JPG

Great times reminds of all the videos i see from the Middle East

¡Mas fotographias de las chicas lindas!

Man o man, o man o man o man o man ohhhhhhhh man............did you just bring back a flood of great memories from 20 - 25 years ago.

What a great trail report!!!! :)

Man o man, o man o man o man o man ohhhhhhhh man............did you just bring back a flood of great memories from 20 - 25 years ago.

What a great trail report!!!! :)

X2 :clap:

I am not surprised your personality would blend well with the police chief. lol.:cool:

Last edited:
After a night of too many cerveza to count on my fingers and 6 hours of sleep I needed a breakfast for champions. Sallys in Cholla Bay is not to be missed if in the area.

Start off will a little sugar
thumb.gif

20150405_081721.jpg

Add in some much need protein
thumb.gif

20150405_082204.jpg

And Im off to see the border. A quick uneventfully crossing with a frequent flyer passport card

McDowell mountains is good place for a full mooned night.

IMG_1770.JPG

Moon still strong at sun rise

IMG_1772.JPG

FR136 is just off I-17 on General Cooks Trail south of Camp Verde. It has to be one of the best beginners and introduce your family trail out there.

Trail is about 9 miles long and it took me a little more than a hour to complete. Your family will love it. Any 4wd vehicle can make this without any drama.

IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG

The next 2 pics are the most difficult on the trail.:rolleyes:

IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG

Wait, so you went from RP back up to Camp Verde, or was this on separate trips? :hmm:

FR136 is just off I-17 on General Cooks Trail south of Camp Verde. It has to be one of the best beginners and introduce your family trail out there.

Trail is about 9 miles long and it took me a little more than a hour to complete. Your family will love it. Any 4wd vehicle can make this without any drama.

Which forest is this FR136 in, Prescott, Coconino? Is the start in the short section of General Crook Trail between I-17 and 260? Does it take you anywhere or turn around and head back? Reason I ask is this month's run really isn't that long as this could possibly be done on the way back before most head down I-17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom