March ROTM Official 3/21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I too wish I had that problem of choosing what to take but thats a good problem. Don't know how my corolla would do - lol ----- When you got money you can do these things - lol

Not sure it is a good problem. I need to sell a vehicle. My family does not want me to sell the 91, but in my opinion it is the one on the chopping block. The 2003 I just bought from Phil, and I like having the power of the V8, but it looks like a soccer mom car. Do you think my wife would noticed if I parked the 100 in her space and took her 200?

I haven't been on the trail in many years I do remember while stock friendly there was still a chance of AZ pinstripping. If that is the case I would go 2003. Not as new as the 2014 but a better vehicle then the 91 for a trip to Flagstaff after. Curious from Crown King which would be the best way heading north. Towards Prescott and then 169 to interstate 17 of just down the hill to Bloody Basin?

I have been trying to figure out which way to go. Neither way is a great choice. I need to get on mapquest and calculate the distance.

The reality is the 91 looks cool in the driveway. Sure, drive it once to Flagstaff loaded down with family and gear and it will be quickly be voted off the island. The V8 power - esp in the 200 has set the bar waaay high.

The family is just being nice...sorry I had to be the one to break it to ya!

With that being said, your 91 is really in great shape and fixed up nice. It should be easy to sell to a gratefull new owner.

Finish your lift plans for the 03 and mount up some 33" AT's.

Waalaa, no more soccer mom car :cool:

The reality is the 91 looks cool in the driveway. Sure, drive it once to Flagstaff loaded down with family and gear and it will be quickly be voted off the island. The V8 power - esp in the 200 has set the bar waaay high.

The family is just being nice...sorry I had to be the one to break it to ya!

With that being said, your 91 is really in great shape and fixed up nice. It should be easy to sell to a gratefull new owner.

So are you saying it is "arm candy"? You are probably right. I will have you come over and tell the family that Sid (as in the sloth from the Ice Age movies) has been voted off the island. The girls can cry on your shoulder as I lay some rubber in the driveway in the 100.

Bloody Basin to 17 is much faster to Flag. However, if you take the 91, may I recommend the scenic drive through Sedona on 89a to avoid the climb out of the Verde Valley at 48mph in second gear.

So are you saying it is "arm candy"? You are probably right. I will have you come over and tell the family that Sid (as in the sloth from the Ice Age movies) has been voted off the island. The girls can cry on your shoulder as I lay some rubber in the driveway in the 100.
giphy.gif

Bloody Basin to 17 is much faster to Flag. However, if you take the 91, may I recommend the scenic drive through Sedona on 89a to avoid the climb out of the Verde Valley at 48mph in second gear.

No 48 MPH climb on seven mile hill heading out of the Verde Valley with a 100 series. While I don't own a FJ80 I do have a 89 FJ62 with the same power plant. It's retired up at 7,000' and use Sequoia with a 5.7 on my trips up north. I head up 260 out of Camp Verde which steeper then 17. When I drove my 89 with 33"s on it my wife would get out and walk for a while then wait for me to catch up.:rolleyes:

Going straight to Flagstaff. Took the 200. Enjoy the run.

@murf we didnt go by the hot springs mansion or the big box canyon, did we miss a turn or something? We still ended up at CK and passed cleator on the way out, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what we did different.

I have like 15 more videos from this trip. Here is the first, which i found funny.

^this is when i was going insane with no radio/cell service

@murf we didnt go by the hot springs mansion or the big box canyon, did we miss a turn or something? We still ended up at CK and passed cleator on the way out, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what we did different.

On the way in there are 2 roads - one goes by Castle hot springs and the other does not. Of course they both end up on the same trail several miles up.
Hope you all had a great time, I will watch for more pics and videos- i wish I could've made this run.

How many trucks went?

6 I believe, it was really fun. A little dusty, but tolerable. We stopped at crown king and had lunch at the restaurant on top? The waitress clearly didnt care, but i found it humorous as one time she said "Here's your beer, there is a lot of foam on top, but i didnt want to pour it out":beer:

Come on @fengler , No mention of the time for the two rigs to get stuck and unstuck on the side trail while you hung out drinking a beer? :) It was a good run. Some play time and no bent sheet metal. I will be posting up some pics here in a few mins that I and the wife took.

Haha, I suck at trip reports. That moment just stuck out for some reason. Although, your wife did laugh when I said something along the lines of "Hey, put that rock over there *sips beer* - I should be a manager" :hillbilly:

Airing down for those who choose to

DSC_1930.JPG
DSC_1931.JPG
DSC_1930.JPG DSC_1931.JPG

DSC_1933.JPG
DSC_1936.JPG
DSC_1940.JPG
DSC_1942.JPG
DSC_1943.JPG
First part of the trail

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread