CruiserParts.net Scam Scam Scammers (1 Viewer)

Have you had a terrible experience with CruiserParts.net?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently ordered a part from there. Didn't receive a shipping confirmation. So I try to contact them. After about 5 days I email them asking to cancel the order. No response. I call them and leave a message to cancel the order. No response. I finally get a hold of a dirt bag named Roman. This is 10 days later. He tells me the order has shipped but needs to verify with Weberdirect. A lie. Tells me that a full refund is given if I am not happy with the part. A lie. So Roman tells me the part has not been shipped yet because it was Weberdirects fault. Like a fool, I let Roman talk me into keeping the order and that it's going to arrive in two days and I will receive a full refund if I am not happy. So after I hang up I feel funny about the situation. I decide to research CruiserParts.net and the Weber carb they sell. It's a fake and this forum is full of similar situations like the one I had. I immediately call them back (5 minutes later). Roman answers again. I tell him I definitely want to cancel the order. He says ok but now there is a 25% restocking fee. For a part that never left the warehouse and was never received. There not getting a cent from me. I would like to hear other peoples experiences with them. By far the worst online retailer experience I have ever had. Maybe we could get them off of IH8MUD as a vendor, if this is a common practice of theirs. Seems to be.

So your first post is to ream a vendor you might of researched before you bought. Welcome. And you're better off with the stock aisan.

I have bought a few things from them.I have delt with Mike Decker And Roman and I never have had a problem. I have nothing but good things to say about them and I think the term ( dirt bag ) is a stretch. That's just my opinion.

Where's the best place to get a no emissions aisan?
If you have a 77-earlier 2F, it's pretty much non-smog. The smog junk is mostly on the fender & is easily removed.

I have had OK experiences w/ Cruiserparts. Sometimes used parts are rusty & dirty, but no surprise considering their rusty location. If a vehicle needs rustfree parts, they get ordered from sources in TX or CA.

Does anyone know Cruiserparts coupon code for our MUD discount on Internet orders??

Great experience here!

I've placed four phone and two internet orders in the past month to get my new-to-me '93 up to date on PM and base-lined. Although I'm a noobster, I did at least research internet prices and CruiserParts seemed the best deal...so I went with them and am glad I did! In fact, I just placed an order for a used '94 ECU unit on the internet and then followed up with a phone call to add something else with no problems.

All parts arrived in a timely manner (and I live in HI) and were as specified. Granted, all parts were new and OEM and I haven't dealt with any of their used products. The only thing out of the ordinary regarding shipping was that my new Koyo radiator was drop-shipped from the distributor (maybe this practice is the catalyst for a restocking fee?).

I dealt directly with Roman on three occasions and he was very helpful right from the start! Being an LC noobie, I wasn't pressured in to buying more than what I expected...in fact, he made great recommendations that I'm very thankful of.

They have straight up lied to me on the phone....that's pretty dirt bag.

I have had several dealings with them. And while I'm not quick to judge, they have made the list.

Bought a brake line T junction piece in a panic this week and they overnighted it. They wrote my credit card number down incorrectly but shipped it anyway on good faith with no payment in hand. They were one number off from my card. We straightened it out and it arrived on time. I called late in the day and they hurried to get a $15 part on the truck to me for the next morning. I called 4 places and most never answered the phone. I definitely give them credit on my order. Most people would have held the shipment. They didn't.

Every single cruiser parts supplier has their quirks and oddities but I can't speak badly of Cruiser Parts.

back in 71 i waited 2 weeks for a part for my 65 40 after that i bought every fj40 that was for sale around here for the next 40 years .they all came with spare parts .i havnt had to buy a cruiser part in 44 years .it looks like im missing all the fun good luck to all the folks on here that have problems and hope they work themselves out .its not a perfect world and s*** happens how you react and solve a problem is also important

I had a good experience with Cruiserparts.net. I ordered a brake booster check valve and a used 4wd emblem. They had not charged my card after a week, and I had received no other emails or calls. So I called and spoke to Roman and he said I was put into a list of people to call but was never called because they were back logged. He said all the mounting screws on the back of the 4wd emblem had broken(which I believe) so he just charged me for the check valve and shipped it out. I was pleased, can't say anything bad about them, I'd buy from them again.

back in 71 i waited 2 weeks for a part for my 65 40 after that i bought every fj40 that was for sale around here for the next 40 years .they all came with spare parts .i havnt had to buy a cruiser part in 44 years .it looks like im missing all the fun good luck to all the folks on here that have problems and hope they work themselves out .its not a perfect world and **** happens how you react and solve a problem is also important

Well aren't you just the smartest guy in the whole world! You bought every 40 that was for sale around there for the next 40 years? Really? what a....:rolleyes:

Great experience again with them today. UPS played football with the part I ordered and it got damaged. In just a few minutes of a phone call, they are expediting another part to me so my client is handled asap!

Customer service is important and they get it ~

Murf

cruiserparts.net displayed very very poor business practices when i dealt with them. no more.. ill buy my land cruiser bits elsewhere now. theres soo much complaint about them here, why are they still allowed to advertise here on mud after treating so many poorly. ?

back in 71 i waited 2 weeks for a part for my 65 40 after that i bought every fj40 that was for sale around here for the next 40 years .they all came with spare parts .i havnt had to buy a cruiser part in 44 years .it looks like im missing all the fun good luck to all the folks on here that have problems and hope they work themselves out .its not a perfect world and s*** happens how you react and solve a problem is also important

That about sums it up Robert. Well said.

No personal experience with them...as a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom