Puerco Run - Tuesday Mar 10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some people from Singapore are visiting our facility for business here in Rio Rancho next week. I am going to take them for a short ride out to the Puerco Tuesday afternoon in my hundy. We are thinking staring around 3:30-4 for a few hours - weather permitting. Nothing extreme - just some easy/moderate trails.

I would welcome anybody that would like to join us. I plan on entering/existing end of Northern Blvd. Let me know.

Larry

Larry -

Sounds like fun. Let me see if the workload will allow me to skip out a couple hours early to get over to that side of town. I'll keep you posted.

Evan

Weather permitting, I can try to get away from work early. The weather will be my primary concern

I need to start gettin gout again, but work on Tues. you all have fun!

Last time I was down there a cop was sitting around telling people the Peurco was closed. Did something change?

Hmmm, doesn't sound good. I will ask my guests if they want to run out there anyway. But if we do and there is posted signage, closed gates or the sort, then I will abort. I post up what we find.

Evan/Terrill, you guys are still welcome but I would hate to have you run all the way out for nothing. I'll leave that for you to decide. We will probably get out to the last water tower around 4:30 if we go. I will do a final post if/before we leave.

Evan/Terrill, you guys are still welcome but I would hate to have you run all the way out for nothing. I'll leave that for you to decide. We will probably get out to the last water tower around 4:30 if we go. I will do a final post if/before we leave.

I'm not able to make it today after all - work is not cooperating. Regarding access, the last time I was out there with Terrill and some other guys, his son left early and came out the Southern access. I believe his son was given a warning/ticket (cop said access was closed), but we saw no signage going in. We came out Northern later in the day and had no issues. It does seem like they're trying to shut things down out there.

I'm looking for something to do with the boys this weekend, if anyone has some interest I'm game to cruise around some sand somewhere.

Update on access to the Puerco...

My daughter Amanda and I did a run to the Puerco yesterday (Sat Mar 14th 16:30-21:00). We entered via Northern and all looked good (e.g. No posted trespassing signs, no cops). As usual, there were a few ATV/dirt bikers at the top and a few guys having fun with their AKs .... as we repeated to ourselves "don't worry, its highly unlikely we would get hit from a stray bullet out here".

I am not refuting claims by others about shutting down the Puerco and I would think that if cops were to chase off people, it might be at the Southern entrance which is more popular. It is my own opinion that if I don't see a closed gate, a posted sign or the like:ban:, then I am going to continue to do the occasional afternoon run until the music stops.

:cheers:

Went in through Southern about 9:30... some guy in a new, blacked out suburban gave me the creeps but he seemed more interested in the dirt bikes.
Went down the arroyo till a fuel issue in my nephew's 4Runner turned us around.
A LOT of UTV's gearing up when we left about 1. Glad we didn't run into them.

So who was in the GORGEOUS red n white 70 series? Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you... trying to keep that quadrajet running

I've talked to a few people about access out there too, including some law enforcement. the cops know they can't keep people out with so many ways to get in. they are trying to cut back on idiotic behavior. like cutting down fences, dumping cars, shooting unsafely, etc. if the ranchers really want people out, the efforts will go way up, but it is not getting signs and fences at this time.
that's my interpretation with unofficial research. :D

I know other clubs have done it but what about a Puerco clean up? Set a date, bring some trailers for trash, coordinate with the Sheriff and see if the Rio Rancho land fill will take any of it at no cost? This would get the club name in good with the cops out there and maybe the ranchers will be less pissed off (for a little while) about us being out there? We could also get other local clubs involved.

I know other clubs have done it but what about a Puerco clean up? Set a date, bring some trailers for trash, coordinate with the Sheriff and see if the Rio Rancho land fill will take any of it at no cost? This would get the club name in good with the cops out there and maybe the ranchers will be less pissed off (for a little while) about us being out there? We could also get other local clubs involved.
I like this idea. Let me know if you decide to put something together. I will assist and join as long as I am not traveling at the time.

Sounds good Larry I would like to bring it up at the meeting. I don't mind doing the leg work and coordination. I'm not a tree hugger or super earthy crunchy guy but giving a little back never hurt and like I said may gain some good graces from the local cops out there.
For those that saw and/or interacted with the police did you see what department they were from? State Police, Sandoval County Sheriffs, Rio Rancho?

It is a great idea. Sandoval County Sheriffs office would be the group to coordinate with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom