February ROTM 2015 - Redfield Canyon 2/27 - 3/1/2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im about %60 on going, as i hemmoraged the blood vessels in my right eye (high blood pressure, over-exertion). If i do decide to go, what would be the recommend gear that I bring?

Im about %60 on going, as i hemmoraged the blood vessels in my right eye (high blood pressure, over-exertion). If i do decide to go, what would be the recommend gear that I bring?

1. Good attitude!
2. Raincoat
3. Food and one gallon water per person per day (beer & soda don't count!)
4. Something to keep you warm at night - what camping gear do you have available? If you sleep in your cruiser you might only need a few blankets.
5. Flashlight
6. Personal meds & a first aid kit if you have one
7. Tools if you have them
8. Camp chair is always nice to have
9. Trashbag for anything you bring along
10. TP
11 - 999 The gear we take varies widely - I take very little in my mind but others claim I take everything except the kitchen sink. You will get a feel for what gear makes your trips pleasurable after a while. With enough others in the trip we should be able to help you along if you forget to bring something (but you can't borrow my toothbrush!) Several 4x4 clubs have minimum required equipment lists if you google around a bit.

Last edited:
the list varies if by yourself vs with others. Ive shared with some, borrowed from some ~

For the solo person out for days by themselves the list may look more like this. Being I almost always am wheeling with at least one other person my list looks more like Stepmurrs but will post this for some ideas.

Here is a basic list of what I would bring on a long trip > I feel that vehicles that break down are due to mostly three things: tires, starting, or water.

Make sure you have plenty of water, a tire air pump that runs off the battery, a tire plug kit, first aid kit, and a micro battery starter like this > http://antigravitybatteries.com/

Recovery gear (winch or Hi-Lift jack,, straps, blocks, etc.), also consider, survival gear (waterproof matches, fire starter, mylar blankets, compass and/or GPS, maps, axe, shovel, chainsaw or saw, sleeping bag, sleeping pads, tent, flashlight and/or lantern, headlamp, emergency rations, small ultralight stove and fuel, drinking water or a LifeStraw. A good set of metric socket, ratchets, and basic hand tools, also an extra set of fan belts.

Security items: a good knife and/or multitool, extra blankets/heavy clothes and some good books. Ham radio/ CB , and a spare key!

A SPOT GPS Messenger to keep your family apprised of you exact GPS location is a good thing. Also can subscribe to GEOS Emergency Rescue insurance - just in case. One can press a button and ask thier 'family' to send help or press a different button and ask for emergency rescue.
I may of forgotten something but each list is different to each person. This should be a list you can add to.

I forgot to mention that please don't stay home because you don't have something on somebody's list.

If you are concerned about not having an item or two post up and the group will help you decide if it is a showstopper or not.

IE no food just means you'll go hungry, but no water can be deadly in our summer desert.

It's only a one night camping trip so you do not need much and usually if someone forgets something somebody else usually has it except - beer of course. That you can't forget so pack that first

1. Good attitude!
2. Raincoat
3. Food
4. Something to keep you warm at night - what camping gear do you have available? If you sleep in your cruiser you might only need a few blankets.
5. Flashlight
6. Personal meds & a first aid kit if you have one
7. Tools if you have them
8. Camp chair is always nice to have
9. Trashbag for anything you bring along
10. TP
11 - 999 The gear we take varies widely - I take very little in my mind but others claim I take everything except the kitchen sink. You will get a feel for what gear makes your trips pleasurable after a while. With enough others in the trip we should be able to help you along if you forget to bring something (but you can't borrow my toothbrush!) Several 4x4 clubs have minimum required equipment lists if you google around a bit.

Yep, those all come standard in my rig.

the list varies if by yourself vs with others. Ive shared with some, borrowed from some ~

For the solo person out for days by themselves the list may look more like this. Being I almost always am wheeling with at least one other person my list looks more like Stepmurrs but will post this for some ideas.

Here is a basic list of what I would bring on a long trip > I feel that vehicles that break down are due to mostly three things: tires, starting, or water.

Make sure you have plenty of water, a tire air pump that runs off the battery, a tire plug kit, first aid kit, and a micro battery starter like this > http://antigravitybatteries.com/

Recovery gear (winch or Hi-Lift jack,, straps, blocks, etc.), also consider, survival gear (waterproof matches, fire starter, mylar blankets, compass and/or GPS, maps, axe, shovel, chainsaw or saw, sleeping bag, sleeping pads, tent, flashlight and/or lantern, headlamp, emergency rations, small ultralight stove and fuel, drinking water or a LifeStraw. A good set of metric socket, ratchets, and basic hand tools, also an extra set of fan belts.

Security items: a good knife and/or multitool, extra blankets/heavy clothes and some good books. Ham radio/ CB , and a spare key!

A SPOT GPS Messenger to keep your family apprised of you exact GPS location is a good thing. Also can subscribe to GEOS Emergency Rescue insurance - just in case. One can press a button and ask thier 'family' to send help or press a different button and ask for emergency rescue.
I may of forgotten something but each list is different to each person. This should be a list you can add to.

I dont have a SPOT or extra fan belts, but i have everything else listed. I keep these all in totes as i dont drive the LC daily, so i just throw em in there. Then when i camp, i take out the totes, put them under the rear, and sleep in the back.

It's only a one night camping trip so you do not need much and usually if someone forgets something somebody else usually has it except - beer of course. That you can't forget so pack that first
for the amount of beer i drink, i have a 5-day cooler :beer::grinpimp:

It is looking like rain Sunday so keep that in mind!
As long as you get me out to I - 10 at a reasonable time so I can head back to Chandler - I am OK . Rain is overrated anyway - lol

Last edited:
Im still in! still have to organize my stuff, but, i should be fine. Like wilma says
MdA6iJd.png

One more bump...if anyone can bring back these parts to Phoenix, I would appreciate it. Thanks

If nobody jumps on this, I work in the Avra Valley/Marana area and run an occasional truck that way. No promise for a time frame, but can make it happen.

If nobody jumps on this, I work in the Avra Valley/Marana area and run an occasional truck that way. No promise for a time frame, but can make it happen.
There is no rush for me, at all. I will talk to RockJock. Maybe I can Paypal him the funds and then get stuff from you whenever you are up this way. Thanks!

so, do we have a final head count?

Final count: Rudster, Fengler, Stepmurr, and
Saddletramp. Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom