One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a little checking around when I built the custom FF for my 40. Nobody in Albuquerque does it.

I did.
Nitro Chromoly CTL (Cut To Length) shafts, they have rolled splines instead of cut, which are allegedly stronger. They also have stock length shafts for 40, 60, 70 and 80 axles, all of them have long splines for Toyota lockers. They are a little north of $200 per shaft but that was about what it would cost to send stock shafts off to someone that would cut longer splines in them.

http://www.justdifferentials.com/AXTFF-FJ40-p/axtff-fj40.htm

^^^

Those are some good guys... dealt with them when I was in WA, they were strong supporters of the local 4wd groups and offroad access organizations
just my .02 - good people

Thanks guys. Almost certain I'll go the Nitro route. ...even though they don't have the same pattern on the end as the Toyota axles. ...and then people would be able to spot a non Toyota part on my truck just by looking! The horror!

Dan

Thanks guys. Almost certain I'll go the Nitro route. ...even though they don't have the same pattern on the end as the Toyota axles. ...and then people would be able to spot a non Toyota part on my truck just by looking! The horror!

Dan

Non OEM part? I THOUGHT I knew you man.....

Non OEM part? I THOUGHT I knew you man.....

I know!

I feel so dirty.

...but that can change if I happen to find some OEM parts for a good price. I'll probably slow peddle and hope that happens. ;)

Dan

Great info that I know I will refer back too.

I know!

I feel so dirty.

...but that can change if I happen to find some OEM parts for a good price. I'll probably slow peddle and hope that happens. ;)

Dan

Crusier Dan can get you a Rear Free Float long spline axle shaft (short side) (42311-60081) for $240.70, this is a 70 Series that will fit a 40. I already had the OEM long side from you, so I stuck with OEM from CD. If I had to buy both sides, the Nitro chomoly set would have been a nice complement to the Longfileds I have in the front. If you really like OEM that much I would be more that happy to trade you an OEM set with the long spline short side for a set of these http://www.justdifferentials.com/AXTFF-FJ40-p/axtff-fj40.htm :D

Bringing this thread up to top for 2018!!!

Imsco can make hoses but I think action hose is a better choice. Imsco is a great source for winch accessories and they can also repair thimbles on winch cables

A little follow-up on Action Hose. I needed a new AC hose. I took in my old hose and they made a new one on the spot using my fittings. Of course, they made it too long so I had to take it back. In 5 minutes or less they had it shorted, and instead of using my old fitting, they put on a new one, no charge.

I highly recommend them. Oh, the manager was open carry in the store. It's bad guy safe.

Also, Beno's Sand, Gravel, and JiffyLube: Corrales, Nuevo Mexico, is no longer in business. I wasn't too sure about this fella anyways.:beer: or should that be :flipoff2:.

Howdy, who are the go-to guys for alignments? I'm setting up my 2003 Land Cruiser and just did the 865 springs on the rear and re-indexed and cranked the t bars to match. Tundra wheels, 275/70-18 BFG ko2, re-banded CV boots. Otherwise the car is stock, for now. I called Chris at toyomasters sounds like he knows what he's doing.... $85. Talked to Larry H Miller American Toyota they said they do it for $99 with a bit of a warranty. Other recommendations?
Thanks!

If you want excellent problem solving for a difficult rig, Danny at Action alignment on Edith (505) 345-4281. It'll cost you but it'll be right
On Marc's recommendation I think, I used Firestone on Juan Tabo for my mini truck, they did a decent job for the price and lifetime warranty (505) 835-7812
Some folks had good luck with Chet's on Menaul. I did not but maybe I'm "that guy"... well, probably I'm "that guy"

I'm sure glad I can align my 4Runner with a tape measure. I took it some place awhile back and they wanted to charge me for a front and rear alignment. The whole nine-yards ... caster, camber, toe. The only thing that can be adjusted is the toe. On the front. Bastards.

Yeah I don't think you're "that guy", I didn't have a great experience there either so that's why I didn't mention that one.

I don't think there should be any special problems with mine it was fine before I cranked the torsion bars a bit. mostly I would think it just needs the camber adjusted. Thanks for the tip on Firestone. I had a Troublesome Corvette about a year-and-a-half ago and Scotty at Southwest Corvette recommended t Firestone at 10151 Coors, a guy named Cyrus, he did a good job. Alignments seem to be pretty expensive across the border around here. That's why I was wondering about the dealer or toyomasters it's all about the same price it seems?!

Does anyone have experience with a shop that will replace a front windshield? I do not want to jump right into a safelight unless i know they can treat their cruisers with care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom