2015 Outback Japan 76 (ARB/OME) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently drove the Outback Japan 76 demo truck. Outback is the ARB/OME importer for Japan and they threw all of the ARB/OME parts on the new 76. It is running the stock wheels with 315s with a 2-inch lift. I was bracing for a stiff ride and while I didn't take it off road, it was very comfortable on road, maybe even smoother than the stock Toyota suspension (I drove a stock 76 before this for comparison.) I think the ride was helped by the fact that the aftermarket parts like the bumper, winch, drawers, helped weight down the truck a bit. Anyway, this changed my mental image of OME as I had always imagined OME to be really stiff/tough.

Question 1: does anyone know if the Toyota winch would work with an aftermarket bumper like a TJM or an ARB? The Toyota winch is pretty aggressively priced here in Japan (about equal to a mid-level Warn) so I'm considering it but would like to have the option of an aftermarket bumper if I wanted to do that in the future. No one here knows so I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried that.

Question 2: is there an easy way to relocate the driver's seat further back for a little more room? I'm 186cm and even with the seat all the way back, it's a bit tight for me at the knees.

Full photoset here: http://imgur.com/a/tq6QO

Arh0Pye.jpg

Last edited:
Is that roof mounted console factory!? That think is sweet!

Definitely NOT factory. That is an ARB or ARB sub-brand unit. I think Outback was able to put their logo on the unit for Japan but any ARB retailer should be able to get you that.

I wonder if there's a way to get one of those roof consoles in the US, that'd sure be really cool in my BJ73.

:sigh:

If only.......

Hi Guys,
A newbie here who just bought a GRJ76K in Japan and been reading through various posts. If you are interested in the roof console just Google "Outback Roof Console". I can see at least one distributor in Miami listing the 70 series versions (pickup differs from the van type) - and the US price of $300-$350 is a bit better than what I see here in Japan. Seems a lot of money for a couple of LED lights and some storage but it looks well made.

Hi Guys,
A newbie here who just bought a GRJ76K in Japan and been reading through various posts.

Thanks! Are you heading to the Land Cruiser Festival down near Nara? I think it's this weekend. I can't be there, sadly.

Thanks! Are you heading to the Land Cruiser Festival down near Nara? I think it's this weekend. I can't be there, sadly.

I won't going since it is my kid's sport's day this Saturday, and we have in-laws visiting. The latter does make me want to get out of the house even more than usual.

Gotcha. Are you in the Kanto region? I am in and out of the area but happy to meet up with another owner the next time I am in the area. I have the OME 2" if you want to try that

Otherwise there's a FB group of Cruiser owners in Japan I help admin if you want me to add you. Send me your details on DM or search for group ランクル友の会

Gotcha. Are you in the Kanto region? I am in and out of the area but happy to meet up with another owner the next time I am in the area. I have the OME 2" if you want to try that

Otherwise there's a FB group of Cruiser owners in Japan I help admin if you want me to add you. Send me your details on DM or search for group ランクル友の会

Thanks for the link, I just joined (applied to join) the FB group, although I am not very active on social media. I'm based in Nagano by the way - up in Togakushi, so lots of excuse to use the 4WD in winter even if I don't get to go properly off-road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom