Builds Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coming along nicely Adam. Your making me miss my flares a little....

Going to take my rig to the next level soon in build. Your truck is a great template, looking good. That rack looks real promising.

Going to take my rig to the next level soon in build. Your truck is a great template, looking good. That rack looks real promising.

Yeah, I'm very anxious to get the finished rack. I'll share lots of detailed images when I get it. I really think it's going to be a fantastic option for 80 series owners that need a rack.

Any update on this rack - pictures, price, powder coating etc? I am a fan and in the market for a minimalist rack.....
No update. Just waiting on a couple of the brackets to be machined. Hopefully have it in a couple weeks or sooner.

Hey Adam, great build thread! I keep coming back to it to get updates.

Any interest in selling the TG sliders off your 93? Or will those stay on the truck since they are welded on as well (I assume).

I've got a 93, and was pretty much resigned to shelling out the dough for Metal Tech's, but saw how you utilized the TG 67" slider kit, and love how they look!

Can't wait to see the roof rack when it's complete!

Fair enough, thanks!

Few small updates. I was having some steering wobble but had a good alignment so I got looking at the brakes and the new wheel spacers. I took the wheel spacers off last night and so far the wobble seems to have gone away. I'll re-install them later and see what I can figure out. The brakes had been pulling to left slightly and from what I was able to do on my own everything looked good but I had the local dealer inspect them today to check for warped rotors and/or a seized caliper. Everything checked out perfectly. The pulling is a result of one of the stainless braided brakelines I swapped over with the lift. It has a very small leak and isn't pressurizing completely so it's pulling a little to the opposite side. I have a new brakeline to swap in so no biggie.
I've needed to get my fridge, CO2 and Aux power sorted out a bit. I got my fridge slide mounted in the rear cargo area last night along with my CO2 tank. I added some bracing behind the plastic panel and the bracket is bolted to that so it's nice and solid. Also fed a simply 12V plug to that panel just behind the middle row so I can plug the fridge in. Nothing fancy but it will work.

If you get a chance, more pics of the CO2 mount. I've been juggling how to mount mine just like that.

If you get a chance, more pics of the CO2 mount. I've been juggling how to mount mine just like that.
Without pulling it all apart it's hard to really show much. Behind the interior panel is a speaker that is attached to a sheetmetal bracket. I bolted a couple small metal straps to the forward corner of the bracket just to stiffen it up a little and drilled two holes in that sheetmetal. I have two bolts through the CO2 bracket into that one behind the interior panel and then I put one through the floor to hold the bottom of the tank bracket. It's very rigid the way I've got it.

Without pulling it all apart it's hard to really show much. Behind the interior panel is a speaker that is attached to a sheetmetal bracket. I bolted a couple small metal straps to the forward corner of the bracket just to stiffen it up a little and drilled two holes in that sheetmetal. I have two bolts through the CO2 bracket into that one behind the interior panel and then I put one through the floor to hold the bottom of the tank bracket. It's very rigid the way I've got it.

Yea. I modified my stock sub metal bracket for my amp, but its dead and looking to relocate it anyway. Was wondering if you did go through the floor and that answer that. Thanks!

Big props to Ratio AV for some help with interior goodies last night. New Pioneer touchscreen DVD/HD Radio deck in the dash with Bluetooth. As well as a dropdown DVD (10.3" display) with wireless headphones in the back for the kids. The overhead unit is 1080p with SD Card, USB, RCA and HDMI ports. Long trips will be nice moving forward. Pretty pumped about it all and looking forward to trying it out.

Bluetooth mic on the A-pillar

More info on the USB station with light in your dash! Is that a charging station that lights up when charging?

More info on the USB station with light in your dash! Is that a charging station that lights up when charging?
The light was there as part of an earlier installed security system. The USB was added last night as the USB connection to the new in dash deck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom