1.5 Spacers on stock wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have stock wheels with no lift, OME 851/860 Coil Springs and also 285/75/16 tires. I wanted to install 1.5 wheel spacers all around, will this cause any issues? Will the tire rub on the flares or else where? I don't do any off road, just excursions on very bad rough roads in the country side. thanks

What year? I can only speak from my experience but I have a 91 stock with 33.1250 but I'm also running the stock 15 inch factory. Which I am 90%certain have more backspacing then the 16's. I did a flex test yesterday just because but i was wondering the same thing as you and at the closest part my side lugs(toyo my) got as close as 1/4 inch from tapping the fender. So unless someone has a 1st person yes or no, go find a ditch or hole and start dipping tires and check it( in the pic i was on bumpstop)
IMG_20150214_163518159.jpg

Mine is a 94; thanks for the feedback maybe I will go for the 1 inch.

You'll be fine, I have 1.5" spacers with wheels with the same specs as stock and I only get some light rubbing on the rear flares while offroading. This is also with 315s and an 850J/860 lift, so 285s won't give you any trouble.

You'll be fine, I have 1.5" spacers with wheels with the same specs as stock and I only get some light rubbing on the rear flares while offroading. This is also with 315s and an 850J/860 lift, so 285s won't give you any trouble.

A sincere question: What is the advantage of spacing out the wheels? Does it give the rig a wider stance? Handle better? Look better? Does it effect the turning radius?

Thanks

For me, I wanted a wider track width, to spread all that top-heavy weight further out to the corners. Handling difference was hard to gauge as I upgraded the shocks/springs at the same time as the spacers. Added benefit is the wheels/tires fill out the flares better, which just looks better IMO. I noticed no change one way or the other with the turning radius, no complaints tho.

A sincere question: What is the advantage of spacing out the wheels? Does it give the rig a wider stance? Handle better? Look better? Does it effect the turning radius?

Thanks
Wider = more stable, less top-heavy. AKA a little less likely to roll over :) There are also aesthetic benefits, especially if you run a skinny tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom