Streering problem! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,

The attached pic is of me tracking straight down the road. The steering wheel is not even and it's driving me nuts. It doesn't feel sloppy, but I'm not happy with it. Any ideas as to what's going on!?

image.jpg

Alignment out of spec or steering wheel off center, or both. (Assuming tires are all same and pressure).

It should have been done as part of an alignment, in my book at least. I've had plenty of alignments where it was off center after I specifically asked them to make sure it's straight... Mine is currently not straight either and it's driving me nuts, but the alignment was free so I've given up til next time.

Take it in for an alignment...$~70, issue fixed...personally, I think all my vehicles are about that "off", not really a big deal...

Good to know that it's not a huge deal, besides it effecting my OCD. I'm getting some cooper at3s this week and will get an alignment then. Thanks guys!

It should have been done as part of an alignment, in my book at least. I've had plenty of alignments where it was off center after I specifically asked them to make sure it's straight... Mine is currently not straight either and it's driving me nuts, but the alignment was free so I've given up til next time.

Straight is subjective, and I've never seen a tech hop in a car on the rack to check it from that angle v standing outside the car. If you want it a certain spot, put a piece of tape on the steering column and one on the steering wheel to indicate straight and pray they get close.

Straight is subjective, and I've never seen a tech hop in a car on the rack to check it from that angle v standing outside the car. If you want it a certain spot, put a piece of tape on the steering column and one on the steering wheel to indicate straight and pray they get close.
That's a great idea. I'll be doing that next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom