Hella Lights flicker but don't burn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought this set of Hellas with the HID kit.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hella-germany-fj40-fj60-headlight-with-hid-kit.836404/

They came off an FJ60. I got them the other day (great seller by the way) and plugged them in today. As soon as they make contact there is a slight flicker, but they don't turn on. Doesn't matter high or low, truck running or off. Both were exactly the same.

My female is a 3 prong, these have a 2 prong. They don't flicker in one way, but the other way (they can plug in two ways) there is the slightest little flicker as soon as contact is made.

Here is the kit:

HID kit light.jpg

Just use a 12 V battery & connect it directly with good jumper wires , If it works then You have a truck wiring undersize bug and will need proper relaying for this to work. Start-up power is great

ALL headlights (sealed beams, halogens, HID) on the 60 should use an upgraded remote relay headlight wiring harness. Handy fellas make their own. Lazy (or smart) fellas buy the ARB/IPF M002 wiring harness because they want to be able to see their high beam indicator when the hi-beams are on.
The voltage drop through the stock aged FJ60 dinky wiring harness is atrocious.

ALL headlights (sealed beams, halogens, HID) on the 60 should use an upgraded remote relay headlight wiring harness. Handy fellas make their own. Lazy (or smart) fellas buy the ARB/IPF M002 wiring harness because they want to be able to see their high beam indicator when the hi-beams are on.
The voltage drop through the stock aged FJ60 dinky wiring harness is atrocious.

I thought so. Was hoping it was something else, but since they do briefly get power I guess I need to upgrade the harness. He pulled them off his 60 where they worked but each one is different. I know I can run my brights, front and back heater, and the stereo with no problems, but I guess these lights just draw too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom