100's to Cruise Moab 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AimCOtaco

...---...
SILVER Star
Threads
Registration has been open for a couple of days now, who's bringing a 100 series to Cruise Moab 2015 (the 18th annual)?

Registration details here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cruise-moab-2015.836347/

DSC00402.JPG

I will be bringing my 100 and helping Wasatch Cruisers to organize the Overnight run in the Swell. It will be another great event, and I look forward to seeing the 100s represent.

I will be bringing my 100 and helping Wasatch Cruisers to organize the Overnight run in the Swell. It will be another great event, and I look forward to seeing the 100s represent.

Nice, I look forward to meeting you. Wasatch Cruisers is a huge supporter of Cruise Moab and we really appreciate all the help, the Swell Overnight last year was a huge success, I'm sure this one will be even better!

Do you think I am OK doing the Swell or Kokopelli runs with my 03, 1.5-2" lift and 33" tires? I have been wanting to go for a few years now so it's a distant possibility.

Do you think I am OK doing the Swell or Kokopelli runs with my 03, 1.5-2" lift and 33" tires? I have been wanting to go for a few years now so it's a distant possibility.

You would be totally fine for both of those. Been to both areas a number of times with a lot of different rigs, including 100s setup like yours. If you can make it out, do it...definitely worth the drive from CA. FYI, I think the KoKopelli trip is already booked to capacity.

Nice, I look forward to meeting you. Wasatch Cruisers is a huge supporter of Cruise Moab and we really appreciate all the help, the Swell Overnight last year was a huge success, I'm sure this one will be even better!

If you have been on the run before, then we have probably already met. It will be good to see you and your 100 along with all the other great folks at Cruise Moab. I am looking forward to it. I added a few of the past years videos to the 100 video thread.

@sdnative, there have been 100s setup similar to yours on the Overnight run before and we see more every year.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-mud-100-series-videos-thread.496138/page-23

I'll be making the trip out. Going to try some different trails than when I was there last. Put in for Kane Creek, hells revenge and cliff hanger.

Last edited:
I haven't been to Moab so have no frame of reference...is there only the one trail that is rated for stock trucks?

I have 33s and lockers ARB front and stock e locker in the rear. No sliders yet...

I haven't been to Moab so have no frame of reference...is there only the one trail that is rated for stock trucks?

I have 33s and lockers ARB front and stock e locker in the rear. No sliders yet...
I would invest in a set of sliders. With that addition I would say your set for many of the different trails offered. Take a look at the cruise moab trail ratings page. I think they are pretty accurate.

My advise would be to look at the trail ratings pages at www.cruisemoab.com and then maybe view some Youtube videos of the trails or obstacles.

There are plenty of runs for you but sliders really open up your options and capabilities. The bottom line in Moab is that the rock provides extreme traction and includes lots of ledges so it changes your needs somewhat (AT tires work very well for example). Running stock bumpers with a trailer hitch, lockers, sliders, and 33's is how I went last year. I would recommend any of the '5' rated trails and several of the '6' rated trails as well.

Last edited:
I would third that suggestion....get a pair of sliders, it will really add piece of mind and make the trip more enjoyable knowing that you have zero chance of messing up your truck. @AimCOtaco doesn't even wheel his truck and he has sliders. ;)

Hmmm...go to Moab or get sliders and not go to Moab. Tough decision!!!

I say go to Moab. It's a lot more than just a trail ride. If you haven't been to the event you should give it a shot. If you can't spring for sliders, no big deal, just be a little more careful with trail selection and focus on the required equipment that each vehicle needs listed here: http://www.cruisemoab.com/vehicle-requirements.asp . That list and a current TLCA membership are all that is required to register and have a blast! @bluecruiser dosen't even wear shoes and he's invited.

Any unofficial 100-series runs this year? I requested the following trails:
Thu: Arches NP Family Run
Fri: Dome Plateau
Sat: Elephant Hill

We are planning to stay through May 8th to spend more time in Arches, Canyonlands and see/do more interesting things around Moab. I already have my site reserved at Slickrock for 4/29 - 5/8. Is anyone else planning to hang around afterward that would be interested in going on some other interesting drives or trails? I prefer scenic over challenging since my truck is stock except for larger BFGs and sliders.

Marc

Last edited:
I will be there with bells on. Usually lead poison spider and metal masher, hope to learn a few more trails before CM this year. I am the big red head in the blue 100. Say hi! :)

I will be leading the OutdoorX4 Magazine sponsored 3-day Kokopelli Expedition. There will be a few more spots opening up for this expediion and I'd love to see a few 100's join the run. You'll need sliders and 33s at a minimum and I'd recommend bumpers too. They will all get a workout on a few portions of the trail. This is a perfect expedition style, 3-day, 150 mile off-road route for a 100 series with the proper gear. There are portions that will test the vehicle's abilities and portions that make you smile at the comfort of seeing so much beauty out of your windshield while behind the wheel of such a great vehicle.

I would love to do Kokopelli but the timing is bad for us this year. We are planning on a week in S. Utah a couple weeks after CM. Hopefully next year. I want to attend HiH as well...

Looking for a few more 100s to join the Kokopelli Expedition.....

Stan, can I park the 74 at your place for about a month and Fly back out to do cruise moab and Kokapelli?! It's no hundred, but I am a handy owner!

If you need a place to park a truck in Denver, let me know. I have a place in golden a few miles north of Slee, I have 15 acres there, plenty of room to leave a truck for a few weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom