For Sale 1988 FJ62, Dune Beige, Lifted [Asheville, NC] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20150120_174739.jpg IMG_20140614_085704_978.jpg
20150120_174739.jpg
1988 LandCruiser, FJ62 / Dune Beige / 250,800 miles / PRICE DROP!! (Asheville, NC)
$7,750 with M-416 trailer
$7,400 without trailer
(trailer $750 separately)

Pictures:
http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/boomyak/library/1988 FJ62

With much regret, it is time to part ways with “Bruce” my beloved beast. This has been a daily driver/off-road friend for me for the past several years. This truck is in excellent operating condition. Listed below are the good, the bad, and the ugly associated to this rig:

Minimal body rust. Rust is present at outer wheel well on the rear driver and passenger sides. Not thru rust, just surface. Frame is rust free.

This truck has a four inch lift and front locking 4wd hubs. 4wd system is in perfect working condition.

Reese hitch with 2” receiver on rear.

BFG 35’s with 92% tread left.

Upgrades:

Front leather electric seats with full function of all mechanics. (seats are heated but have not hooked heating element to power) Seats removed from a 2004 Acura MDX and installed in cruiser.

SOR covered rear bench seat. Seat cover professionally installed.

SOR carpet pad throughout

Shoulder strap rear passenger seat belts. Installed due to this model not equipped from factory...with the kids and all.

Factory installed Fuel Cell recall replacement

HD satellite radio and upgraded front speakers.

Engine repairs made:

Front and rear main seals replaced three years ago. Transmission front seal replaced as well.

New distributor and cap replaced last year (2014).

Brake booster, brake master cylinder, driver side caliper, and disc brakes replaced this year (2015).

One year old battery.

Receipts for all repairs (recent and past repairs)

Oil changes every 3500 miles with synthetic oil (since in my possession).

Bad and Ugly:

Cracked front windshield, low out of line of vision. (driver side across to center of windshield)

Crack in dash pad, center.

Trailer, M416 military issue:

¼ ton military. It does not have a title or tag. I have owned this trailer for approximately three years. Original tires with some dry rot but no leaks or issues. I have hauled this trailer all over Western North Carolina and on all off-road trips.

Needs sand blasting and painted. Paint is chipping and rust all over. Rust is just surface rust and manageable with proper care.

Bed of trailer have some small holes near front end of trailer. Integrity of bed is still there.

This trailer has a tailgate that functions normally.

Emergency brake does not work and pintle compression brakes do not function. Pintle hook ring is attached but a standard ball receiver has been welded onto pintle. This was done by previous owner. This receiver could be cut off if not happy with that.

Leaf springs have seen better days but have not shown any problems.

Both truck and trailer have been great for me and do not see why you wouldn’t like them too. Would not hesitate to drive any distance with this truck. That’s about all I can think of right now. If you have any questions, message me or leave a post on this thread.

Last edited:
4" shackle lift? I thought shackles gave you 1/2 the lift that the shackle length dictated... i.e. my fj45 got about an inch of lift out of a 2 inch shackle....

4" shackle lift? I thought shackles gave you 1/2 the lift that the shackle length dictated... i.e. my fj45 got about an inch of lift out of a 2 inch shackle....

Not sure

Price Drop

Bottom Dollar...$7,400 for truck and trailer. This is a great truck! No one must be in the market for an awesome daily driving FJ62 rig.

well they are (including me), but there are others out there for less $ and in relatively the same condition, and 35s are hard on the auto trans without a regear.

just my $.01

Ok

Well, I think all asking prices are negotiable but 7400 is a good starting point. There are a lot of rigs out there that are rusted out with crappy interiors. If you want a trail rig that has been mistreated then you may get one for under 5000. This truck is well kept and in great working condition. Thanks for your interest.

What's up with that discolored paint? Looks like a great truck, not a bad price.

SOLD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom