Cleaned out my Garage / Office (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
Anyone else using file cabinets instead of conventional tool boxes? Kinda ghetto but just my style (cheap)!

And a super cool bubbli of my garage!
http://on.bubb.li/205861a1jvcnrdbcf7o53ne/

Last edited:
Ok. The bubble is mondo cool. Is it an apple app? Yea, I plan to get some 5 highs to do my shop.

The blueprint files I have cost me between 100 and 150. They are 42" wide and 34" deep with drawers being 2.25" tall. I have a hammer drawer with about 40 hammers in it. My favorite is my card file drawer! Tons of storage in that one. I agree that Vidmars and Snap- On cases are for people with WAY more money than I have. You can buy a decent parts 40 for what puts a full cabinet in your garage.
image.jpg
image.jpg

We have some lateral cabinets in my dad's shop. I plan on getting a couple of 4 or 5 drawer lateral cabinets for my garage.

Weedhopper, That has caused me no small amount of anxiety. My OCD has reconciled that with an overcompensation of labels.

Thanks for noticing... :flipoff2:

Weedhopper, That has caused me no small amount of anxiety. My OCD has reconciled that with an overcompensation of labels.

Thanks for noticing... :flipoff2:

Get another lateral that matches one and put the odd color in the middle. Problem solved.

I would love to use Stanley Vidmar style cabinets.

I would have to sell all of my stuff to pay for them do it kinda defeats to purpose.

Pull up one of the armed forces bases near you on govliquidation.com. I got a few Vidmar cabinets from the AF base here in Utah for $150. I check back every now and again as inventory changes from time to time. Seems like they always have some Stanley Vidmar stuff here.

I am in the ER with someone and some of these rolling cabinets sure look nice. Can't really take a pic here but this is from the company website.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421802621.171653.jpg

I've got several myself, they work well. The good ones are built as well as many tool chests I've seen.

Ditched my lateral files for some HUGE archival files. These held fossil samples from a university. I added the handles (1.49 apiece from IKEA) and have loads of storage space. Came with about 200 dividers that go front to back. I like the cleaner more uniform look.
003 (6).JPG
006 (2).JPG

Your shop looks awesome! I've never heard of that app, but will totally check it out now. Great photos, and looks like a great space for projects.

I have lateral files I love them. Shelves suck because whatever you want is always in the back. I'd love to have the flat files.

I was at our local City surplus store the other day. They had those same lateral cabinets for $60. What a great idea for tools.

I was at our local City surplus store the other day. They had those same lateral cabinets for $60. What a great idea for tools.

Cim,

What place was that? I'm hoping to build a new garage with workshop this year and would love to get some lateral cabinets for tool storage.

Cim,

What place was that? I'm hoping to build a new garage with workshop this year and would love to get some lateral cabinets for tool storage.
It's over off 183 and Bolm. Same place they sell off all the confiscated stuff from the airport and old cop cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom