cant figure out auto-start on 2008 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a used 2008 LC. The remote has auto-start. It starts up fine...but the second I touch the driver door handle, it shuts off. What am I doing wrong? It seems to be toyota remote with auto-start. Not an aftermarket product, if that matters.

That's how it works man. Sucks doesn't it. I don't even bother to use it unless it's wicked hot or cold and just feel whipped by the temp. Toyota dropped the ball on this. If you use the search function on the 200 series forum, you'll find plenty of discussion on this issue.

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

It does seem kind of pointless how it shuts off like that. I wish it would recognize you getting into the car or something and stay on.

I just got a used 2008 LC. The remote has auto-start. It starts up fine...but the second I touch the driver door handle, it shuts off. What am I doing wrong? It seems to be toyota remote with auto-start. Not an aftermarket product, if that matters.
so what you do to auto start I have 2009 LC - do I have that I know that 2011 and on have auto start , but was not aware of 2008

Try hitting the lock button 3 times in a row and hold it down on the 3rd time. Should fire right up after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom