One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about one of the speed shops? Yearwood?

J & B Radiator

I had J & B fix the radiator on my FJ80 last week. Did it right and for a good price. Paul is a super nice guy too. Cracked some jokes when I called in to see if it was ready, "Oh that 92' that we scrapped earlier?"

Thanks for putting together a list of quality vendors guys! Much appreciated!:clap:

Gasket, Packing & Seal

Gonna add one more great vender to the list. As part of the engine removal I had to remove the tranny/tc, which meant removal of the center console. I quick-fab'd this console when I did the R151/dual cases and never really finished it. What I really needed was a sheet of rubber to lay between the tranny hump and the sheet metal I made to mount the shifter boots.

Last week I needed some gaskets for an irrigation project at work. I needed them now, and asked the Aquarium folks where I might be able to source such a thing in town. They sent me to GPS, 3015 Princeton NE, just north of Candelaria. They didn't have the size I needed, but quickly made them out of rubber sheet.

I went back yesterday with the sheet metal plate and asked for a piece of rubber that size. Two bucks later I walked out with a sheet of "scrap" that was just larger than what I needed. It was perfect.

I need to give a plug to Fox Automotive. Their body work is second to none! Ryan Fox is the owner and does some impressive body work!! They are on San Francisco off of San Pedro. His number is 505-363-2883. Clay (from Speed Lab) is starting an auto repair business at Fox Automotive. He will work magic with any Yota! He works on other vehicles as well, but knows the TOY's quite well! His number is 505-205-2560

I'm going to recommend a vendor. The Aquarium uses a local company for things like bearings and seals when repairing electric motors. While we all like to use OEM for our LC stuff, there are times when we need parts for other projects ... like electric motors and Kawasaki UTVs :grinpimp:. They do carry SKF and Timken (which happens to be an OEM supplier).

Purvis Industries
4401 McLeod Rd NE
Suite B
505-884-4800

Dan,

Check out Plaines automotive for A/C hoses. I'd at least give them a call.
(505) 266-0055

Jim's muffler shop - what a good guy to work with. He did a nice job on my exhaust welding and made sure that his employee covered up all of the rubber hoses, wires and such with couple of wet towels before welding. His shop is nice and tidy too.

Thumbs up.

Jim's muffler shop - what a good guy to work with. He did a nice job on my exhaust welding and made sure that his employee covered up all of the rubber hoses, wires and such with couple of wet towels before welding. His shop is nice and tidy too.

Thumbs up.

I'd ask for Jim, I called in a few months ago for a catback quote and the lady came with $900+ :eek:...with a hesitation in her voice. Last time I had them install a catback it was a downey off road system i got for $180 and he charged $100 for the install. Then told me that if I had him do the system from scratch would have been less. The parts I asked for this time only added up to $250 and that was flowmaster list prices! I know a few feet of tail pipe and labor doesn't cost $650! Not sure what happened this time, think I'll go talk to Jim in person to see about installing the muffler i bought on amazon.

For a case of Coors original I used their press to rebuild my 93 4Runner's transmission and transfercase in college. :grinpimp:

I want to give a recommendation for Jamco Electric. We have used them at work several times to repair our plasma cutters. They got us turned around quick even when they were backed up. They also work on welders and grinders.

Phone:(505) 342-0200

5418 Edith Blvd. NE
ABQ, NM 87107

I'd ask for Jim, I called in a few months ago for a catback quote and the lady came with $900+ :eek:...with a hesitation in her voice. Last time I had them install a catback it was a downey off road system i got for $180 and he charged $100 for the install. Then told me that if I had him do the system from scratch would have been less. The parts I asked for this time only added up to $250 and that was flowmaster list prices! I know a few feet of tail pipe and labor doesn't cost $650! Not sure what happened this time, think I'll go talk to Jim in person to see about installing the muffler i bought on amazon.

For a case of Coors original I used their press to rebuild my 93 4Runner's transmission and transfercase in college. :grinpimp:

Not sure what that was about.

We just had Jim's 66 Muffler (on Central, near San Mateo) do the 4th exhaust we've had made for Dad's 60. $250, but we got to reuse the dump pipe, so it was just the easy part of routing the exhaust under the truck (through a glass pack), over the rear axle, and out from under the truck.

Dan

Soooo this was sorta knocked around at the X-mas party
Any suggestions for a good shop to mount loose tires, that doesn't throw a fiit over date codes, and doesn't charge like they're offsetting for free lifetime balancing?

Back in the day I went to a used tire place on Eubank that charged like $10 a tire and did a decent job, but its a "vape" store now, what ever the %&*# a "vape" store is

Soooo this was sorta knocked around at the X-mas party
Any suggestions for a good shop to mount loose tires, that doesn't throw a fiit over date codes, and doesn't charge like they're offsetting for free lifetime balancing?

Back in the day I went to a used tire place on Eubank that charged like $10 a tire and did a decent job, but its a "vape" store now, what ever the %&*# a "vape" store is

Calling Terrill.......

Calling Terrill.......

I'm going to break mine down after the new year to weld on my DYI beadlocks. I guess we could have a tire mounting party!!!

So....

Most engine machine shops won't do it--I already asked.

I have some axle shafts that need to have the splines extended. I could see this being incredibly easy, or incredibly hard to do. Just simple 30 spline Toyota axles....

Anyone had this done in ABQ, or know of a shop that does it? I will probably buy the factory part anyway, but I'd like to keep these two (three if I do the same on the 40, which I probably will) as spares at least.

Dan

How about someplace like U-Joints?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom