Installed my GT seat covers....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks mom for the Bday present! THese covers are very high quality. I'm pretty impressed so far. Here are some before pics.
seats 003 (Small).jpg
seats 004 (Small).jpg
seats 005 (Small).jpg

here are the after pics. :cool: :grinpimp:
seats 006 (Small).jpg
seats 007 (Small).jpg
seats 008 (Small).jpg

concretejungle said:
here are the after pics. :cool: :grinpimp:

Your covers look great!! - seats in my LX could use some as well. Did you buy them on line or a local supplier? Is there a website for this company? What's a cover like those worth a set if you could be so kind? Thanks - Tim

got a set in my 60 (cloth)
have had them for 4 years with no damage.

gt/great covers, right?
out of colorado?

looks good!!!!

I ordered them online. Took about 3 weeks to get them. THey told me they actually make them when they are ordered.

http://www.gtcovers.com/index.asp

$140.00 for the front set.

What material is that? Obviously not velour :D Is that vinyl or that cordura-like stuff?

Looks nice :)

did they come with the lifetime warranty?
the custom ones should.....

Looks real good CJ. So wehn you got them, you just slipped them on? No cutting or any personal mods. to get them to fit?

So, basically, these are a custom fitment?

GOod stuff dude.
-onur

To be honest, i didn't even check the paperwork to see if they have a warranty.

Doug, it's a leather-like material. Kinda rubbery feeling, but nice. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Even has a leather smell to it. Only thing i have noticed so far is instead of sliding into the seat like i did with the old worn-out leather, now i have to scoot into the seat.

beno said:
Looks real good CJ. So wehn you got them, you just slipped them on? No cutting or any personal mods. to get them to fit?

So, basically, these are a custom fitment?

GOod stuff dude.
-onur

Yep, just slid them on. I did unbolt the seat so i could tilt it back in order to fit the tightening straps above the track to keep the track from chewing them up. Took about 45 minutes to do both seats.

Medtro,

Same covers, those are just the cloth version. Also, i haven't completely snugged them up yet. I will tighten them every couple of days as i sit in them and they stretch. I didn't want to tighten them all the way down the first time. I imagine in a month they will fit like a glove.

Last edited:
One time @ Band Camp......

HE HE HE.....

Hey Concrete Jungle,

Do you have any pics of your seat covers now? I am thinking about buying a set of these (GT Covers is practically in my backyard) but wanted to see how they looked after they have been snugged down and on for a while.

The cloth GT covers on my 93 are quite loose.

I see this thread is back from the dead. I'll get some pics later when i get to my camera. Here is what i have to say about them after having them for 6 months.

Good: Still look and feel great. Really gives a great look to the interior. The old seats made the truck look worn out, but now it looks fairly new. THey have snugged up and seem to fit nice and tight.

Bad: They are hot in the summer. I still don't like how they stick to your pants. There is no sliding on these things, they keep you in place. Some of you might not care about that, but to me it's an iritation non-the-less. It's tough to clean them. I got a lot of mud on them and it wasn't easy getting it off. It did come off, but i had to scrub.

All in all, i would do it again.

I see this thread is back from the dead. I'll get some pics later when i get to my camera. Here is what i have to say about them after having them for 6 months.

Good: Still look and feel great. Really gives a great look to the interior. The old seats made the truck look worn out, but now it looks fairly new. THey have snugged up and seem to fit nice and tight.

Bad: They are hot in the summer. I still don't like how they stick to your pants. There is no sliding on these things, they keep you in place. Some of you might not care about that, but to me it's an iritation non-the-less. It's tough to clean them. I got a lot of mud on them and it wasn't easy getting it off. It did come off, but i had to scrub.

All in all, i would do it again.

We're these the leather or Leatherette?

I'm not sure. I don't have any paperwork for them. They certainly are not leather..... kind of like a rubber.... almost a "pleather" type feel to them.

I'm not sure. I don't have any paperwork for them. They certainly are not leather..... kind of like a rubber.... almost a "pleather" type feel to them.

That would probably be leatherette, ie. synthetic leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom