Razor One's Pink Panty Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Razor one. Great looking truck !

I've got OEM UCA & LCA's plus OEM f & r pahards you could sleeve and/or put adjusters into

And OME springs - 850j/863

Love to find it all a local home..... PM me if you've got any interest

E

Interested. I'll send you a PM here in a sec.

I have the heavy/medium rear on my lx450. It sits pretty level and rides great. Looks right with the 315's. My truck runs well, and in TN the 35" tires don't slow my rig down much at all (not that it was fast anyway...) I always want a bit more clearance when I go wheeling tho... I'm either going to add 1" spacer all around or go to J's front/heavy rear. Anyone want to trade OME springs/shocks combo, lol.

So you have heavies in the front and mediums in the rear? Or heavies in the rear and mediums in the front?

My understanding is tha they're heavy front. Med rear

They're still in the truck until next week so you could check them out and the ride. Stance is perfect IMHO

Yeah, heavy front, med rear, and even with the 4x4 labs rear bumper (no swing out) there's still a slight stink bug... A regular medium/medium or heavy/heavy lift will yield some Stinkbug if no heavy rear armor is applied....

Sorry to hijack, RS6 what is your fender to flare measurement with that J spring/863 combo ?

Yeah, heavy front, med rear, and even with the 4x4 labs rear bumper (no swing out) there's still a slight stink bug... A regular medium/medium or heavy/heavy lift will yield some Stinkbug if no heavy rear armor is applied....

That's exactly what I needed to know. I guess I could go ahead and order medium rears and install the heavy fronts. Thanks!

Update:

I spoke with Slee off-road, and in there DIY 6" kit, they offer a rear panhard rod adjuster, and adjustable rear upper control arms. I would simply need to sleeve the lower control arms at the correct length to match, and possibly get the sway bar drop kit. That should be all I need. I'm running OME mediums in the rear, so I shouldn't need extended brake lines, or anything else, and if all else fails I can go back to stock.

This sounds so crazy it just might work.

Edit: I'm putting this idea on hold for a while. My next set will probably be 37's, but since I just bought duratrac's, I have until those wear out to extend the wheel base. My priorities are to install the heavy front, medium rear OME lift, and build my rear bumper before class starts back up for me in the spring.

My lift is going in right now, so when I finish that I'll post before and after pictures.

Last edited:
Okay. The springs and shocks are all in.

55DD765D-C5E4-4970-A334-B55085721CFA_zpsy5nhoo2c.jpg

Here are the measurements:

Hub to fender (before):

Front Left: 19.5"
Front Right: 19.5"
Rear Left: 20.25"
Rear Right: 20"

Hub to fender (after):

Front Left: 22.25"
Front Right: 22.25"
Rear Left: 23"
Rear Right: 23"

Overall lift in front (OME heavy 2.5" springs w/ front armor): 2.75"
Overall lift in rear (OME medium 2.5" springs w/o armor): 3.00"

Before:

15545CBC-6FBF-42D1-AE2B-92C000E62103_zpswscktdof.jpg

After:

60744C1E-0786-409F-B9FA-EAFC65DFE207_zpspm06v5sn.jpg

5F112D53-7B30-404F-8CBA-58B9BAC151CF_zps2hqiknmn.jpg

0E4A3B12-E57B-466C-8F0D-F2A3C61ECB6D_zps3mj82lkn.jpg

CC244962-BCFA-4D1D-A4FE-C357A634D460_zpsst4cwqhy.jpg

Based off of the measurements as well as a visual inspection, I should be able to fit 37's, but I'm not 100% positive. I'm undecided, still, after probably 30 hours cumulatively of researching 35's vs 37's, and how some people fit 37's with 2" of lift or no lift at all, while others still rub after the full Slee 6" kit and cutting fenders. It's driving me nuts. Maybe I should just go for it.

Last edited:
Now that the lift is in, I'll start working on the rear bumper. I just had my torch rebuilt, and I'm getting another shipment of steel in the next week or so. This gives me some time to work on the replica. All progress for the rear bumper will be in my Armor Thread in the tools and fabrication section. Only the final product will be posted here.

Stay tuned!

Looks good, dude! I just added 1" spacers all around to my medium rear/heavy lift, and caster plates, gave me around 24.5" hub to flare and steers like a champ. Nice front bumper!

I'm pretty sure anybody who says they don't rub 37s with 2" lift either don't wheel or have lowered the bump stops to prevent it. I put my 35s on stock and had to trim the bumper to not rub. But I would not have wheeled it like that. Now I have j springs and it looks good just needs some spacers after i put the winch bumper own. It's a little low up front.

20141110_143000.jpg

Also christo has a write up on slee to fit 37s with no rub. I believe he adjusted the bump stops. This was done with j springs and spacers before the 6 inch kit was available i believe but might be a good read if u want 37s I know that's my goal down the road

I'm pretty sure anybody who says they don't rub 37s with 2" lift either don't wheel or have lowered the bump stops to prevent it. I put my 35s on stock and had to trim the bumper to not rub. But I would not have wheeled it like that. Now I have j springs and it looks good just needs some spacers after i put the winch bumper own. It's a little low up front.

One of the first things I did when i bought the LX was take off the front bumper. I couldn't stand it. After that, I didn't rub that bad with 35's on stock supension, which makes me think that with the lift I can squeeze in a tire with an extra inch in radius and do a little trimming. I'm just not sure how much "a little" would be.

Your wheels look like they offer a wider stance than stock, too, so I could see where that would make you rub more. Is the picture you posted with the J springs installed?

Subscribed. I own the same color LX.

Couldn't help but notice the S2000 - daily drove one for 6 years, until I sold it in Sept. Best car ever made, yes, better than a Landcruiser......

Subscribed. I own the same color LX.

Couldn't help but notice the S2000 - daily drove one for 6 years, until I sold it in Sept. Best car ever made, yes, better than a Landcruiser......

Nice. I tried to keep the other cars out of it, but good eye. s2000's are awesome. That one was my daily driver until I started commuting to UH. Then I realized I needed something different. Without getting too off topic, here you go:

P1160020.jpg

P4260009.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

Nice, AP1 w/ red interior - yes please... Here's mine, on my to Cars & Coffee with junior...

rolling - s2k.jpg

20141110_143055.jpg
One of the first things I did when i bought the LX was take off the front bumper. I couldn't stand it. After that, I didn't rub that bad with 35's on stock supension, which makes me think that with the lift I can squeeze in a tire with an extra inch in radius and do a little trimming. I'm just not sure how much "a little" would be.

Your wheels look like they offer a wider stance than stock, too, so I could see where that would make you rub more. Is the picture you posted with the J springs installed?
Yes installed
I'm running a 35x12.50 on 15x10 so it's wide but the flares keep them legal still

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom