How To Videos Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL.. since we are putting in drivetrain requests, why not put in something a bit more simple as the first video.
Maybe a somewhat drop-in swap, like a 3B or 2H/12H-T!!!

Does anyone have a vid for a rear axle rebuild for a 62? Can't seem to find anything on this. Anything on cleaning and coating an undercarriage would be awesome.

Could the rear hatch window be taken out the same way?

put a air tip inside the frame wells and slowly draw it out as you turn on compressor, do this both sides a few times then blast with gas pressure washer inside frame rails until water comes clean. Get a under coating tip with the 360 degree holes drilled into it, shove into frame rails, get up tube into a pail of chain saw chain oil, and blast the hec out of it while slowly pulling the wand back, do both sides of the frame rails like this twice over, frame should hold for years, do this every two years

Hey guys,
I whipped up a quick video outlining the basics you should know if you are thinking about a 12HT swap into your 60 or 62. I tried to keep the video as brief as possible. I could go for hours but Id like to keep my response to the point.
I apologize for the mediocre video/audio/voice quality. I know Im a stuffed up teenager etc etc. I also know I didnt cover anywheres close to everything you need to know. Its just a rough outline. Please feel free to PM me questions, or drop questions in my thread.

Thanks. I hope you find this helpful/informative.

One thing I forgot to mention at the end of the video: The 12HT is STRONG. Its like having three 2F's. I HIGHLY recommend this swap. Greatest downside: parts are tough to find.

Enjoy.

How to break down 62 wire harness for a 2fe
FJ62 wire harness

Bring your truck up to my house for a week and we can make a video :grinpimp:
Have you done a 4bt swap before? Looking at putting a diesel in my 60. Why would you choose the 4bt as oppose to 3 or heck 13bt?

Have you done a 4bt swap before? Looking at putting a diesel in my 60. Why would you choose the 4bt as oppose to 3 or heck 13bt?

Yup, I have a Cummins 4BT in Moonshine (my 60) outlined in the signature below. There's no such thing AFAIK as a Cummins 3BT. If you're referring to the Toyota 3B or Toyota 13B-T, or any Toy diesel for that matter, the reason why I went with Cummins is more or less three fold:

1. Parts Availability
2. Power Potential
3. Cost.

This isn't the best thread to discuss any more. Send me a PM, or post up in my ROTW thread, if you have more questions :cheers:

How did I miss this sticky? Great work guys! I don't have the patience to film, or photograph my projects, but I surely appreciate those that do, lol.

I second that request.

Will add these as well

Hey Gregnash Hello this is Rao here man in Aus. Hey look I got a lot of confidence looking at your video man. Thanks very much dude. I wanted to know the name of the tool you use to remove the lock nut. And is FJ 62 similar to Hj 61 in Aus. I have got an automatic sahara man And my mechanic did me in good after charging me arm and a leg and all my seals are leaking. swivel hub leak, pinion oil seal leak, and now the head is leaking a bit? do you have other videos on the subject as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom