BJ40 Transfer selector?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,can someone shed some light on this issue i have with the linkage and transfer selector shaft.I'm not sure if its missing something(other than the boot) or needs adjusting?
P.s please excuse the grease and oil,cleaning it is on the list

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

It appears to be missing the button from the end. I will look and make sure of that.

O.K.That being said,would this be an item still available through Toyota or from an after market supplier?
p.s i'm here down under in Australia.

O.K.That being said,would this be an item still available through Toyota or from an after market supplier?
p.s i'm here down under in Australia.

That part for my BJ40 (because I don't know any details about yours) is 36343-60010 and called SHOE, FRONT DRIVE SHIFT LINK LEVER (FOR DIRECT TYPE)

And it seems to be still available and around the $10 mark

:beer:

Hello,my car is a 1979 built, b engine rhd(mustard yellow)so probably same as yours.What do you mean by DIRECT TYPE?

Our BJ40s are the same year (and both Australian-market too) so that part number should definitely be good for you too then.

Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colours. (I'd say it IS my favorite colour except for the fact that mine is Sky Blue so of course I've got to have loyalty to what I've got! :D)

DIRECT TYPE is Toyota's terminology not mine... but I'm guessing they are using it to distinguish our "manual-4WD-select" cruisers from those where 4WD is selected by means of electrical switches and vacuum actuators.

:beer:

PS. All I can hear is fireworks being let off as I type this reply because Guy Fawkes is being celebrated here. You're a few hours behind us so I suppose you're still in daylight.

Here's a photo I took of the harbour here about an hour ago ....

GuyFawkes2014 (Large).jpg

How about posting a pic of your mustard BJ40?

Last edited:
Awesome,looks good.Sun has just set in Melbourne.Um.. my mustard bj has been hand painted in a zebra style(by previous owner).I'm in the process of redoing it.I once did have a sky blue BJ that a regretably sold to my brother-in-law? Here's some photo's of a before and current of my mustard bj

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

Just a quick update.i went to my local Toyota dealership today and ordered my parts.A new shoe for the shift linkage and a new dust boot.$24.00 Aussie dollars from Japan,take about 2 weeks to arrive.Pretty happy with that.
Started degreasing the whole underneath.(crap job).i will post some more pictures soon on my progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom