Mobile Toyota certified technician to do timing belt service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have found Toyota certified mechanic who travels and fixes Toyota vehicles. He has all the tools for Toyota, and have done the T-belt service on LC before. I am going to have hime replace T-belt, waterpump, tensioner, roller, thermostat, and serpentine belt for labor of $365 Is this a good rate to do this? I used to own Audi A8 and the timing belt service, cheapest was $900.

It is absolutely a great deal if that amount is just for labor.

If that's for parts and labor, I would question what kind of Chinese parts he will be using.

:lol:

Thanks. I did purchase my own parts. Aisin waterpump, Mitsuboshi belt, Bando serpentine belt, KOYO idler & tensioner bearing, NTN hydraulic tensioner, Toyota OEM thermostat, and Toyota SLLC Coolant. Part was about $250.00

Where is he/you located? If anywhere near me I'm next!!

For that price not worth it for me to do it myself - not even close.

Interesting, sounds like a good deal.

Hmm. What area does he serve? Also, how many miles on the current belt? Thx

I am in Illinois and Hoffman Estates is the city.
Well, if I still lived in Illinois (Naperville) then would be an option. But since I moved to South Carolina a bit too far away. Good luck with the repairs!

this could get interesting...
:popcorn:

I paid $758 at my local dealer. Tb, serp belt, water pump, red antifreeze, 12 month warranty.

Well, his name is Mark, Toyota certified and doing this for 10 years. Cracked open front end just a bit to get the timing cover open. He opened passenger side. Timing cover and found out the belt is NEW! He said judging the cover and condition, water pump is new as well. So, we decided to change the thermostat and serpentine belt. He charged me $40 for it. We test drove and he said the rear brake needs replacing rotors and pads. I told him I will buy the parts, and he said he will charge $50 per axle for rotors and pads on the rear. I made another appointment for next Saturday in the brakes.

What? No shop charges or waste disposal?:clap:

I've seen a mobile new tire service in Charlotte. Prices posted seem a lot less than most shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom