fj62 o2 sensor wire length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just received my 02 sensors from oxygensensors.com and realized both were the same part number even though i ordered for 1-3 and 4-6 cylinder set. my issue is that one set the wire is about 18" too short. did they send me the wrong part or do i need an extension? the rear sensor that I'm replacing has the wire going up and over the tranny to the plug on the pass side, at least thats how mine is setup as of now. id call them but its saturday and they're closed. figure id try the forum first
thx
allen

It's not an answered to your question but an alternative if it comes to that. I too just did both O2 sensors on my FJ62 so I'm familiar with what you are referring to. I used Denso sensors, both were the same part number and fit perfectly with respect to connections and wire length. Just a thought if you can't fix your issue. When I went looking for parts I was told that OEM were no longer available and was advised to get the Denso sensors vs. Bosh. I have no supportive rationale for the choice other than in the end what I did worked well, except the 4 hours it took me to get the old ones off!

Last edited:
still having the o2 sensor length issue. denso sensor 17" long will not reach the plug thats coming over top of the transmission. exhaust shop has the truck now and they don't know what to do. any ideas
thx
allen

still having the o2 sensor length issue. denso sensor 17" long will not reach the plug thats coming over top of the transmission. exhaust shop has the truck now and they don't know what to do. any ideas
thx
allen
Were you able to get in touch with the folks at oxygensensors.com? What did they say about helping you sort it all out?

could you not make a jumper wire using the connector off the old 02 sensor...if you had to? I know that's not the optimal solution. Of course the preference would be to have the right parts to start with. Or splice in a length of wire or wires on the present 02 sensor where the wire is too short.

If the wires are shielded, then cutting/soldering them is not a good idea....

They're not shielded...

Extending them would be pretty straightforward.

t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom