AHC any problems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has had any problem with the AHC on the LX570? If so at what mileage? Owning several 100 series LX's I know they are good to about 100k miles before some have problems. I also know that some LX470 owners have several hundred thousand miles on their LX470's with no problems.

Sw just get the 200. It's way better than the 100. Fear not.

But which 200? LC or LX570 with AHC? ;). Use will be on road to the mall 98% of the time and maybe some dirt roads 1% of the time and 6+ inches of snow for a few miles every couple of years.

Get the LC, duh!

But which 200? LC or LX570 with AHC? ;). Use will be on road to the mall 98% of the time and maybe some dirt roads 1% of the time and 6+ inches of snow for a few miles every couple of years.
Either will work.

Just something else to break and expensive to fix, all in the name of showing your friends "hey, look at this cool s***."

I drove both and chose the Land Cruiser over the LX570. My opinion of it was it drove better. YMMV.

Loosely is the short answer.

My impressions:

LC had less body roll.
LX was nervous over bumps no matter which suspension setting was used.
LC easier to modify (lift)

I could have purchased an LX cheaper than the LC200 believe it or not.

My brother has a 11 LX570 (25,000 miles) no problems with AHC, to low miles to tell
My friend has and 08 LX570 (50,000miles) no problems with AHC to low miles to tell

I drove both and I decided to go with the 200 because my last one went 275,000 with no major repairs (less than $250 i.e. brakes fuel pump blah blah blah).. My brothers last LX470 had to have the AHC fixed at 94,000 cost him 5,000 dollars he actually had a number of other small repairs as well most over $250 average of about $500

Here is what I think between the 2

2013 Landcruiser

the 2013 landcruiser is just about as quiet as the lexus. Older models are not as quiet
I like the looks better
It gets better mileage
It's faster
It tows more 8000lbs and some change
KDSS is more stout in my opinion than the AHC
I am willing to bet it will go longer without repairs because it is more simple. i.e. AHC, electronic third row seats, gate and all the other electronics that most people don't use.
I like the 18's
The 13's come fully loaded no extra options needed
I love radar cruise control

The LX570

Some LX570's are not fully loaded you have to watch what ones have the features you want
It is Quieter than the 200
It has more of a prestigious look and feel to the average person looking at it
It's a lexus you get a nice loaner when you change your oil at the dealership
A few more electronic features
The roof rack is considerable shorter on the car it only goes barely to the front of the back door. Hard to put boxes up top
The entertainment system is in the headrest. Makes it easier for driver to see through the rear view mirror
It has a spot to put the earphones in the back armrest 200 does not
Mirrors will automatically fold when in park 200 doesn't
if kept, stock bumpers give you less approach angles
Cost more money initially and resales for less than the 200
The 20's ride really rough and easily get dinged even on graded mellow fire roads

Anyway this is my opinion bored at work so decided to type this up lol

I have 160k kms on my LX with no AHC issues. When I first bought it CPO, I did find it the body roll a bit excessive in turns. But after 70k kms I guess I am used to it. I did a 10k kms road trip this summer with several days on California twistees with the truck loaded with 5 people and luggage. I had it on Sport mode most of the time and I impressed at how well the truck did.

We don't get the LC in Canada so I have no experience/comparison points.

I agree with above. The LX rides no better than the LC even though it's got the electronic damper control. The LX has smaller antiroll bars than the Land Cruiser so the body roll in the LC is reduced. We felt that the LX pitches and rolled more. (The roll on the LC is Reduced, not flat). The KDSS system allows Toyota to run a massive antiroll bar but allowing to "disconnect" gives the LC far more articulation than the LX. The KDSS is also a simple system so I doubt there will be a failures. I vote 200 land cruiser.

Since I am not buying new where I would save money buying the LC over the LX?? From what I am seeing in Texas, LX vs LC, I can buy a lower mileage LX same year as LC with a better warranty for less money. So with my current LX470 when the AHC started going south at 120k I just had Slee install the OME. Can you do the same with the LX570? If so about how much.

You can pretty much forget about putting a lift on an LX....lots of $$$ to get a lift to work with the AHC. Also, you will have 20" wheels, which will be ok, but you would need to replace them if you ever wanted to do any real off-roading. YMMV.

Again, I say go with the LC. Given the fact that the there are relatively few 200 series TLCs in the US, they would depreciate at a much slower rate than the LX (this is why you are seeing lower prices on the LX compared to the LC).

The only thing I did like about the LX was the upgrades in the interior. Everything feels nicer. Feels like leather as opposed to ours which feels like plastic.
Don't get me wrong. It wears great but you're 80 grand is not in the interior. It's under the truck.
One of my reasons for the LC is it doesn't scream 80K. Unless someone is in the know they have no idea what it's worth, which I like. Someone who knew said to me "that's Range Rover money. "
"Yep, and your point?"

Range Rover's Depreciate like crazy... Look at a 2008 Ranger Rover in NADA then look at a 2008 Land Cruiser. I talked to a buddy of mine who has a Range Rover and he said "Dude the Range Rover looks much nicer for the money and the interior feels like a luxury car" I said "I like the Land Cruiser in my opinion it is more dependable, more capable, and it holds it value much better" He says " Well I guess if you can afford to buy a Range Rover you don't care about stuff like that" I said " I can afford to buy a Range Rover... I guess I like my money more than you do" he had nothing to say lol... Funny stuff

Loosely is the short answer.

My impressions:

LC had less body roll.
LX was nervous over bumps no matter which suspension setting was used.
LC easier to modify (lift)

I could have purchased an LX cheaper than the LC200 believe it or not.
I think a lot of the issues with the weird LX ride comes down to the 20" wheels . I personally wish I would had a choice to get 18" s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom