Brake Proportioning Valve for my 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
South TX, 10m from Mex Border, 70m to Padre Island
I am finishing up the restoration on my 1982 Jan. Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 and the last piece of the puzzle is a "Brake Proportioning Valve"!
I checked the price on a OEM Brake Proportioning Valve and the price is List: $413.37//MUD: $310.03! I have spoiled my FJ 40 lavishly throughout this restoration but as the end gets near my funds are pretty much depleted.
I spoke with several people that have replaced brake proportioning valves on their Land Cruisers and they all seem to agree that they used a Wilwood proportioning valve, but none of them remember the model number of the Wilwood proportioning valve they used. Wilwood does not list any of their brake proportioning valves as fitting a 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40!
Please, if anyone out there has knowledge of which exact Wilwood valve will fit or for that matter any other good quality aftermarket brake proportioning valve that will fit my January 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 VIN JT3FJ40c1c3352911 Give me a shout!

I've been researching this topic myself for my 1980. The best answer I've found is the Tilton unit. The disclaimer is I haven't tried it. However, it appears to be a plug and play, with the 2 ports that match the Toyota OEM fittings. The width also appear to be similar to the OEM proportional valve when you take into account the widths of the adapters on both sides. There are a couple of holes in the middle of the unit, so it appears quite feasible to screw it onto the OEM bracket that's attached to the brake booster.

I got mine from TSM MFG. Call em up and speak with skip he'll hook u up. Bout 40 bucks.

The Wilwood prop valve I used was an adjustable one. So, it would work for many different vehicles. The only thing is that it needed adapters to change it over to metric thread fittings for the brake lines. It's been too many years since I put it in so I don't remember where I got the adapters.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom