ARB Roof rack size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used ARB Roof rack basket? If so, what size? And do you have pictures? I'm debating between the 73" and the 87"... Thanks guys

Is 87" too big? Measuring looks just right but not sure if it will stick out... anyone?

Why would you buy an ARB when you can get a killer full basket rack from me at half the price? :D

Well not half but you know... pm me if you wanna quote.

Jason

Last edited:
Why would you buy an ARB when you can get a killer full basket rack from me at half the price? :D

Well not half but you know... pm me if you wanna quote.

Jason
Got pictures and details!?

I've had all 3 version on my various rigs..... the 73 was the best for using the sunroof but the 87 looks better..... the shorty for some reason really was loud and had a crazy drone.....

I ended up doing a Labrak setup but if I was to do it again I'd send my wish list to underdawg and buy soem gam mounts.... way better and you can have it built the way you want....

Cheers

But does underdaug build a rack that is basket style with sides?

Pics please.

Click the link in my sig that says rack build. Lots of them there.

Not sure which one that is, nothing on your profile. Would be nice if you could post some pics here so we all see. I am very interested but definitely need to see before I decide. Thanks

The moderators get mad if he "appears" to be peddling his wares in the 80 section so don't take his non-direct approach the wrong way. Read through the roof rack thread he posted the link for. I just got finished setting everything up with Jason and he will begin working on my rack as soon as he can. I'm getting a 50% basket on mine so keep an eye out for photos.

The moderators get mad if he "appears" to be peddling his wares in the 80 section so don't take his non-direct approach the wrong way. Read through the roof rack thread he posted the link for. I just got finished setting everything up with Jason and he will begin working on my rack as soon as he can. I'm getting a 50% basket on mine so keep an eye out for photos.

Probably derailing OP's thread but not that is was not done. I think this is the exact thing that Woody and the mods are trying to get away from. Nothing against Jason, he is excited about his venture, but when a poster asks as about a specific product, it has never been cool to start peddling your wares or post that as an alternative when the question was not even directed at what alternatives are available.

This is not a bash on Jason's rack, but this was a question, then there are reasons. For one they are readily available if in stock, two I would argue that the design and construction of the ARB rack is superior. Also the ARB rack does not require the user to drill holes.

For the record we prefer any of the aluminum racks like Front Runner, Rhino or Labraks for the easy of mounting accessories to it as well as the range of available accessories. The weight savings of an aluminum rack is also nice.

As to the OP's question it really boils down to personal choice and if you are ok with the rack going over the sunroof.

We'll have to agree to disagree Mr. Slee on superiority in design. But your probably right about the solicitation thing. I'm a little gunho about the whole thing.
OP it boils down to what your after in a rack. If you wanna support the little guy then good for you and its always appreciated.

EDIT: The reason for the drilling of the holes is there's a lot of mounting options out there. I always recommend Gamiviti mounts because their a great mount and he's a small business too. If I had my own mounts to sell along with my racks this wouldn't need doing.

Last edited:
Jason, there is something to be said for rack that has been on the market for years and has a ton of real world durability testing due to the number of miles they have on them in Australia. That feedback is not easily gained in a short period and a lot of product improvements come with time on the market. It would be great if we could all to million mile simulated testing on our products, but that is not the reality.

Jason, there is something to be said for rack that has been on the market for years and has a ton of real world durability testing due to the number of miles they have on them in Australia. That feedback is not easily gained in a short period and a lot of product improvements come with time on the market. It would be great if we could all to million mile simulated testing on our products, but that is not the reality.
I completely agree sir. And I'm not gonna bash their stuff in anyway. I'm learning how hard earned those reviews and the feedback truly is. I'm out in the shop everyday with the most basic of tools trying my best to compete with the likes of ARB and others. Carving out a place in this small and shrinking market is no easy task as you well know. I have all the respect in the world for all the accomplishments you and you company have achieved. Your like the grand poobah in the 80 world.

Last edited:
To the OP: There are a lot of good options to consider. Good luck finding 'exactly' what you need.

Good to see some options at different price points so that everyone can get into the hobby. Folks like Underdawg are doing a great job of finding their spot in this niche market. On the other hand, ARB is tried and true and can be had with one click of the mouse. I like to do my research and see what will meet my needs. If I can save a few bucks, that also becomes part of the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom