Value of complete 1HDT and H151F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering what the fair market value for a complete, fully running, well maintained 1HDT with transfer case and H151F manual transmission would be. This is from a daily driver.

BEBs done, injectors done, timing belt done, glow plugs replaced, ACSD removed, no abnormal noises.

Driveshafts and axles could be available as well.

Mileage will affect the price considerably. US or Canada too. Also, potentially adding a wring harness will make people happy.
IMO this combo with let's say 120k on it would be worth 7 to 8k state side.
cheers,
Jan

Mileage will affect the price considerably. US or Canada too. Also, potentially adding a wring harness will make people happy.
IMO this combo with let's say 120k on it would be worth 7 to 8k state side.
cheers,
Jan

What would a complete 1HZ fetch? Fully rebuilt blueprinted/balanced engine. Rebuild pump/injectors.
Everything done - From fan to clutch.

Minus starter, alternator and ac pump.

A fully rebuilt and blueprinted 1HZ with rebuilt pump and injectors is at least a 8k engine, in my opinion.

Would you consider selling separately? ie 5 speed conversion components?

At this point I'm weighing my options. After a hit and run on my Cruiser, our local insurance monopoly originally stated they would cover the body repairs, but has now stated that the truck is a write-off. Only cosmetic damage including a damaged rear quarter panel. They figure the damage is over $9K, which I think is BS. I'm waiting to find out what the buy-back will be to see what I will do. If I had paperwork showing that the engine and transmission alone is worth $8K, that would help my case to get this fixed.

This is my first time dealing with an insurance claim in 28 years of driving. I'd appreciate any advice dealing with them. I'm sooooooo upset that I went from a near perfect truck to a write off from a hit and run (while I was parked), and the insurance appraisal is mostly based on a NA vehicle of similar vintage. There is no way I could possibly replace my truck for anywhere near what they are offering me. But how can I prove value?

At this point I'm weighing my options. After a hit and run on my Cruiser, our local insurance monopoly originally stated they would cover the body repairs, but has now stated that the truck is a write-off. Only cosmetic damage including a damaged rear quarter panel. They figure the damage is over $9K, which I think is BS. I'm waiting to find out what the buy-back will be to see what I will do. If I had paperwork showing that the engine and transmission alone is worth $8K, that would help my case to get this fixed.

This is my first time dealing with an insurance claim in 28 years of driving. I'd appreciate any advice dealing with them. I'm sooooooo upset that I went from a near perfect truck to a write off from a hit and run (while I was parked), and the insurance appraisal is mostly based on a NA vehicle of similar vintage. There is no way I could possibly replace my truck for anywhere near what they are offering me. But how can I prove value?

Ah, sorry about assuming you were parting out!

Wow, I remember reading about your incident a long time back. I'm surprised you're still having issues!

Have the insurance guys physically inspected the truck? I had gnarly hail damage on my 98 4Runner and they insisted it was a write off until they saw that the truck was in perfect condition. Then they agreed to pay for it. But that's my only experience with insurance guys.

To prove value of the 1HD-T and H151F maybe contact vendors in Australia and have them issue quotes/invoices. I'm sure you have showed them kijiji link showing sale value? There are a couple 5 speeds up for sale right now in Calgary with high kms...

As for the value of the vehicle that's a tough thing to prove, and probably easier when comparing to the international market. I spent 15 years in Saudi Arabia where an 80 with 400,000 kms will sell for $15k easy.

A fully rebuilt and blueprinted 1HZ with rebuilt pump and injectors is at least a 8k engine, in my opinion.

The rebuild alone here costs 6k without including the purchase price of the engine. Add a clutch and all the little things - timing gear, belts, tensioners, fan, glow plugs etc etc. then add shipping to the USA. It would have to be worth 10k to be viable and steady source of engine supply to the USA/Canada.

If anyone could point me to an ad or anything that shows value or sell price or asking price of either a 1HDT, H151F or both I'd appreciate it.

The rebuild alone here costs 6k without including the purchase price of the engine. Add a clutch and all the little things - timing gear, belts, tensioners, fan, glow plugs etc etc. then add shipping to the USA. It would have to be worth 10k to be viable and steady source of engine supply to the USA/Canada.

I think 10k is a fair price, but i don't think there will be a steady stream of buyers. People like to talk about conversions a lot, but once it comes to paying for them only few are left.

Last edited:
A used 1HDT with H151 here would run 9-12k.

A point to ponder, in the event it's been overlooked.

Deduct the 9% GST from any listed price, then consider the exchange at 88%.

For the ease of it, I deduct 20% from any listed Australian good, and it's pretty close.

I don't know what Australian exporters typically charge, 'cause mine have been free, but a palleted, packaged, crated engine, transmission, and transfer case will run around $150USD to LA or Houston......then the screwing begins, if you don't have a good customs broker.

On the upper end, calculate $500 and it should cover, 'cause it can't be possible to have been screwed any worse than I.

A used 1HDT with H151 here would run 9-12k.

I think 10k is a fair price, but i don't think there will be a steady stream of buyers. People like to talk about conversions a lot, but once it comes to paying for them only few are left.

I agree with Jan, not too many folks go down the path of a full Toyota Diesel swap due to the cost. Personally, I would be interested to find out what a decent 1HD-FT and H151F would cost with the "Full-Monte" XXIIndustries/GTurbo setup. Right now I have a 1HD-FT which is going into my FJ45, but have been looking for another with the H151F to put into my 80. The funny part is that the engine I have originally came from OZ, as did the GTurbo, and now the XXIIndustries clutch setup...essentially several years of pulling bits and pieces together. Having everything done before sending stateside would be nice. //thread hijack over.

:cheers:

Steve

Having everything done before sending stateside would be nice. //thread hijack over.

:cheers:

Steve

That is our goal aswell. And will be reality soon. A high end quality built engine with the desirable go fast bits. Turn key ready to bolt straight in. Different level kits for different price tags. Each with factual realistic hp ratings (fly wheel/engine dyno).

Have dealt with the folks, Danny the "used Cruiser parts whisperer" more specifically, and seem to be on the up and up...not the easiest to communicate with, via email, so helps to have a local that can call.

image.jpg

(Can't attach full images, now??)

$10,800.00USD.

Not bad, at face value, but not rebuilt.

That is our goal aswell. And will be reality soon. A high end quality built engine with the desirable go fast bits. Turn key ready to bolt straight in. Different level kits for different price tags. Each with factual realistic hp ratings (fly wheel/engine dyno).

Awwsome !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom