Tire Mount & Balance - This typical in your area? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see a Big O Tires, Les Schwab, a Dodge dealership, and Firestone in your area. Even those 4 told you that?

All but the Dodge dealer. Didn't call them.

Assuming that is $120 for the four, correct? If so, you're getting hit for an extra $10/tire ($30x4 vs $20x4) seems fair-ish given your cheapness:flipoff2: and location.:meh:
The discount on mounting used tires is hard to discern, but I doubt they are competing with a non brick and mortar internet business, so no need to stick it to the poor dude who got some craigslist tires to get through a rough patch.

$15x4 for used $30x4 for new.

I pay 60 for mount and balance in Helena. AL Chaffey tires.

Watch out Helena could be next...

Look around for a place that says "Llanteria". Be prepared to pay cash.

Haha, none of those places here.

I did occur to me last night that we have a local place that deals in used tires only. I'm going to call him today and see what he charges.

Must be the price you pay to live in Whitefish MT!
I'd gladly pay $10 more per tire to live in Montana.
I pay thousands every time I come to visit/fish.
Come visit Toledo OH and you can get your tires mounted cheap.

I bet tires are expensive in HI, too where shop land is probably $500K alone.

I used to buy tires at tirerack and discount tire, but most of the local places for me have become competitive enough that I either don't save anything or its so little that its not worth ordering, loading up and taking there, especially after shipping. Also you usually get free lifetime balance and or rotation if buy from them.

One little tire shop just got me set for less than online prices out the door. They even got the tires in later the day I ordered them. Nobody else ships that fast.

TireRack evens has a list of shops somewhere on their web site.

Yep, they do. You need to make arrangements when you buy the tires, though. TireRack then drop-ships the tires to the installer, which saves you having to received, load, and unload them prior to installation.

Yea I think I paid that $120 at Les Schwab Kalispell. Kinda sucked. try that new action tire down on hwy 35. I heard they were not to bad.

I'll check them out. Need to check Walmart as well.

Yep, they do. You need to make arrangements when you buy the tires, though. TireRack then drop-ships the tires to the installer, which saves you having to received, load, and unload them prior to installation.

Tire Rack is expensive.
This set was from Tireseasy. Tires were on sale and they were having a free shipping weekend.

195 50 15 s for $140 to my door.

Find a guy that works at one and pay him cash. Small private garage that happens to have tire machine also and cash. Or do yourself with bars and balance later. $15-20 in Peoria at small used tire places.

...SNIP
Tire Rack is expensive.
SNIP

Pays to comparison shop by the specific tire you need. Tire dealers often have a close relationship distributing some brands, while others they have to go outside their first-level system to obtain. They often can't cut you as good a deal on thos, but they still try to make the sale. That said, though, when I bought our KM2s TireRack beat the price of everyone else I trusted.

I got 5 tires (285s) mounted and balanced at discount tire for $54 and I didn't buy the tires from them. I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap it was, I was expecting to pay ~$80

Yea I think I paid that $120 at Les Schwab Kalispell. Kinda sucked. try that new action tire down on hwy 35. I heard they were not to bad.

Our Lame Schwab charged me $180 to mount 4 tires already off the truck. :eek: I didn't even think about asking how much when I dropped (figured couldn't be much). And was in a hurry. Came back to pick up and wow. Haven't been back since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom