Parting Out '84 BJ60 shell going to scrap in one week (ON) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
Stripping my 1984 BJ60 down and taking the frame/body to the wreckers hopefully next weekend. I am pulling everything that I can think might be of use. If you have something specific you are looking for let me know and I will pull it if it is any good.

I am using the 3B/H55F in my FJ40 so don't get too excited. I will be pulling the axles and saving them, as well as the suspension. I have pulled all the doors, and will have all the glass out before it goes, and am attempting to pull all the wiring (will be using parts of the harness for my FJ conversion) brake and clutch masters, vacuum canister....

So... Question is... What else is worth saving? Anyone looking for 3B frame mounts? I can cut them off if anyone wants them, they are in great shape thanks to the "chassis lubricator" that was mounted to them.
Anyone need a repair panel? Rockers are shot, fenders are not much good... Patch panel for around the tail lights? Anyone need rear side windows?

Post up ASAP if there is anything I should pull, or if you want something looked at... I will be parting it once I get some more time (minus what I need for the FJ40 swap) but right now just want to make sure I don't send something to scrap that someone could use.

Brown interior... I'll take a closer look tomorrow. I know the drivers seat is ripped on the side for the base... I can take a closer look at the rest.

Seat covers are iffy... All would need cleaning. Rear and passenger side are rip/tear free - drivers side is torn in the usual spot...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do you want to sell the third members, do they have the 3:73 gears? If so how much shipped?

Stripping my 1984 BJ60 down and taking the frame/body to the wreckers hopefully next weekend. I am pulling everything that I can think might be of use. If you have something specific you are looking for let me know and I will pull it if it is any good.

I am using the 3B/H55F in my FJ40 so don't get too excited. I will be pulling the axles and saving them, as well as the suspension. I have pulled all the doors, and will have all the glass out before it goes, and am attempting to pull all the wiring (will be using parts of the harness for my FJ conversion) brake and clutch masters, vacuum canister....

So... Question is... What else is worth saving? Anyone looking for 3B frame mounts? I can cut them off if anyone wants them, they are in great shape thanks to the "chassis lubricator" that was mounted to them.
Anyone need a repair panel? Rockers are shot, fenders are not much good... Patch panel for around the tail lights? Anyone need rear side windows?

Post up ASAP if there is anything I should pull, or if you want something looked at... I will be parting it once I get some more time (minus what I need for the FJ40 swap) but right now just want to make sure I don't send something to scrap that someone could use.
I need a good unrusted set of 2H motor mount frame pieces

Are the 2H mounts the same as the 3B? My truck was 3B... Let me know ASAP if you want them, I didn't get it to scrap last week but it's going tomorrow (Friday)

Hi: I just found this forum today. My blue 84 bj60 with brown interior needs a few things from its brother.... centre dash bezel (un-cracked), tailgate door lock button and collar, window crank handle, opening/closing dash vents, rubber plugs from rear brake housing. I'd be interested in the glass and any decent rubber if shipping to Victoria won't kill me and, are the instruments, light,wiper switches any good?

Hey bluebird2;

Center dash bezel is cracked... (They all are!)
Tailgate lock button and collar - if it existed on my tailgate I should have it, I'll take a look.
Window crank handle I have for sure, front door or rear?
Dash vents, I should have two.. I assume you are just looking for the inner part (ball, twisty thing and flaps) I kept the whole upper dash so just need to pull them out..
Rear brake housing is staying intact on the rear axle which I am keeping
Have the glass - all except the front window - you want a full set or ?? Not sure if shipping companies will take glass, or insure it... (?) but I definitely have a bunch of it. Door glass is still in the doors so I would need to pull it out which would take some time.
Rubber - need to be a little more specific on that request? Door seals? Window rubber seals? Tires?
I believe the instruments are all good, though I may need the tach... I may have a second/3rd set also.
Light and wiper switch should be good.

Bluebird2 - were you referring to the Upper tailgate hatch lock button, or the knob in the lower tailgate?

CruisinWithDogs - lower tailgate is going to become a tool bench on my shop wall (with tail lights each side), but upper hatch is ok - glass is in it, but defrost lines not working (might have been the truck wiring) - where are you located in this land of ice and snow?

I'll try to grab some pics over the weekend for folks.

Bluebird2 - were you referring to the Upper tailgate hatch lock button, or the knob in the lower tailgate?
Hey bluebird2;

Center dash bezel is cracked... (They all are!)
Tailgate lock button and collar - if it existed on my tailgate I should have it, I'll take a look.
Window crank handle I have for sure, front door or rear?
Dash vents, I should have two.. I assume you are just looking for the inner part (ball, twisty thing and flaps) I kept the whole upper dash so just need to pull them out..
Rear brake housing is staying intact on the rear axle which I am keeping
Have the glass - all except the front window - you want a full set or ?? Not sure if shipping companies will take glass, or insure it... (?) but I definitely have a bunch of it. Door glass is still in the doors so I would need to pull it out which would take some time.
Rubber - need to be a little more specific on that request? Door seals? Window rubber seals? Tires?
I believe the instruments are all good, though I may need the tach... I may have a second/3rd set also.
Light and wiper switch should be good.

Hello: The upper tailgate, I need the little brown collar that stops the button from jiggling. Pics of the door and side window glass would be good and any fixed-window rubber that survived, as well as the wiper/blinker switch. E-mail me at wavej@shaw.ca with prices if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom