AOP Oct 18 w/ STLCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
So who all is going? looking like it might be one of the last trips of the year :( pending Andrews idea for the Tots event.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/tn-stlca.132/

Long Range forecast looks a helluva lot better than the last several days and Trail 71 is callin' out my name. I'm headed up Friday sometime, the earlier the better but depends on whether anyone else is up from trail riding Friday. :steer::steer:

Andrew? Jason? You guys voted for it in the other thread so come one!!! Haven't seen Ben in a long time either...

Everyone that voted for it had best be going.

...via IH8MUD app

Everyone that voted for it had best be going.

...via IH8MUD app

That would certainly be nice. How was the mud fest at GMP?

I think I'll be making a batch of Rotel Saturday night, it's been awhile.

Work is casting a shadow currently but, I'll do what I gotta do. I'm up for Friday camp set up and wheeling, but there's no way
my rig can follow Ted where he's gonna be going.
:beer:

That would certainly be nice. How was the mud fest at GMP?

I think I'll be making a batch of Rotel Saturday night, it's been awhile.
We had an awesome time. we were part of the lucky group that didn't really run into too many mud related issues. got to do a little challenging climb and learned some pretty neat winching techniques.

Work is casting a shadow currently but, I'll do what I gotta do. I'm up for Friday camp set up and wheeling, but there's no way
my rig can follow Ted where he's gonna be going.

He is alive!! Glad you guys are busy, work is slammed for us these days too but all the more reason to get out and enjoy things a little. AOP can't be much more than an hour from you is it?

GMP was fun. Like Patrick said, he and I decided to follow Harness, Josh, Tony and a guy with what looked like a little F-toy around on Saturday and fortunately for us that saved our little butts. A pretty big group tried to run 42 backwards and they got to the bottom but the long climb out was apparently a literal winch fest. Onur wore his winch out, he and Rick and Matt Stocks spent alot of time recovering rigs with Towers running straps and pulling line. Erin and I had gone into town and we thought we saw them coming out when we were headed down the hill, when we came back over an hour later they were still working their way up. The most impressive was getting Sam up the hill, they had cable out thru a snatch block with 3 straps on the end of that to reach him. Onur was wedged against a tree to keep from sliding down and that was as close as he could reasonably get without sliding down. He drug him onto a big rock and his winch kaput so Rick took over, Onur slid off trail trying to back out of the way and Rick got him off the rock and he powered on up. Then @Teddy channeled his inner Hagan and made the only open-open complete ascent of that section. It was epic! Then the recovery of Onur became the recovery of he and Stocks as they both slid off trail. Rick winched Stocks up and then we snatch-blocked around him to get Onur out. AND that was all after we got back from town. All total I think Sam and them were on trail 42 for over 4 hours.... (42 is the one that runs around behind camp and has "Winchin' Churchill" on it)

It was awesome to see the recovery work but I am super glad that I wasn't one the other end of one of those hooks. Also, sorry for the novel.:smokin:

look like ummmmmh... fun?! I guess? We've run 42 a couple of times but it never took 4 hrs.

Really looking forward to his weekend, weather forecast is looking absolutely perfect!

Jynx-- this turned out to NOT be our Annual so I'm assuming we need to bring our own dinner for Sat night and not yogi burgers off the STLCA, sound right?

Last edited:
uhhh.... I may have to get back to you on that. I honestly haven't paid that much attention to the dinner plans, as far as I know I may have to bring my own too. :confused:

Yeah each of us are gonna bring our own regardless!!! I sincerely doubt there will be a shortage of any food anyways.

I'm bringing my own food since we're kinda sorta crashing with the STLA folks. I'll bring some firewood too I'm thinking if everyone brings some
we'll have plenty. Ted let me know what time you want to meet at the Flying J in Resaca.

I'd like to wheel some on Friday so I'm shooting for no later than lunch time which puts me in your neck of the woods around 1:30ish but that all depends on work and whether or not John can cut out around noon time. I'd also like to avoid the Chattanooga rush hour if at all possible.

Just keep me posted on y'all's ETA I'll be ready.

Ted, Just keep me posted on ya'll's ETA I'll be ready.

I'm coming Friday before Rush Hour Traffic starts! I mean its not this place but I guess it will do!!!
IMG_20140708_230409_655.jpg

I can also meet at the Smok'n J.

Looking like there's a gonna be a couple people up there around noon on Friday ready to get tires dirty. Unless work gets in the way my plan is to bug out around 10:00 which puts me up there around 1:00EST/12:00CST. Ben--That puts my at the Flying J around 11:30

so far we have myself, Nick, John, J. Fretwell, Hendog and Ben. I know there has to be more...

Sounds good I'll be at the Flying J waiting y'all's arrival, if you don't need to stop let me know when y'all are nearly there
I'll just hop on 75 and hammer down.

I got another driver and rider coming from my office.
Todd came up to Dawsonville to the annual a few years ago 95 silver Hilux it'll be him and his cousin Jody.
They may bring their sons don't know for sure. I figured the more the merrier.

Sounds good I'll be at the Flying J waiting y'all's arrival, if you don't need to stop let me know when y'all are nearly there
I'll just hop on 75 and hammer down.

most likely just me coming that way Fri morning, last i heard john was shooting for noon but couldn't say for sure and could easily be delayed until after work. The rest of 'em like Nick and Sid I dunno what their plans are.

I got another driver and rider coming from my office.
Todd came up to Dawsonville to the annual a few years ago 95 silver Hilux it'll be him and his cousin Jody.
They may bring their sons don't know for sure. I figured the more the merrier.

cool, I remember him. I'm not far at all from there so if you want shoot hm my # and we can caravan if he wants. I'll be going via 140 through Canton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom