bucket seat mounts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys im new to the forum and new to the fj40. ive got a 1974 fj40 and im trying to take out the original seats and replace them with some bucket seats out of a chevy cavalier. obviously the mounts dont exactly line up. does anyone have some tips and pics for how i can either make my own or somewhere that sells a mount set?

Thanks guys. I apologize if it seemed like a dumb question. I'm only 19 and not the best mechanic but I'm looking forward to getting my restoration done!

i think ill take my chances with the lightning but i will be selling the original seats shortly and if you would like to place an offer im sure you could dodge some lightning bolts in them.

You get the drivers seat bracket and make it narrower, then you get another drivers seat bracket and make it narrower and then do a reverse mirror of the front bolt bracket feet bolt holes.

IMG_2105.JPG

Duke775, if you are in the 6"3" range you've already discovered your line of sight is out the very top of the windshield (wiper blade level). Many tall guys remove the stock tank under passengers seat (use rear aux. tank) just so they can make a bucket seat frame that lowers the seats at least 2" to 3".

i think ill take my chances with the lightning but i will be selling the original seats shortly and if you would like to place an offer im sure you could dodge some lightning bolts in them.
If you have stock seats, and you are not mechaniclly inclined with a welder....

You should look into buying seat covers to recover your stock seats. Look at Cool cruisers as well as the other vendors such as user Atlas.

http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/fj45seatcov.html

Hey guys im new to the forum and new to the fj40. ive got a 1974 fj40 and im trying to take out the original seats and replace them with some bucket seats out of a chevy cavalier. obviously the mounts dont exactly line up. does anyone have some tips and pics for how i can either make my own or somewhere that sells a mount set?
Where are you located?

Duke775, if you are in the 6"3" range you've already discovered your line of sight is out the very top of the windshield (wiper blade level). Many tall guys remove the stock tank under passengers seat (use rear aux. tank) just so they can make a bucket seat frame that lowers the seats at least 2" to 3".
I'm only about 6'1" but yeah I see what your saying about the height. I didn't really consider that. Thanks for the heads up

I made mine out of angle steel from an old Bed metal box frame. It tool me a couple of house and all I spent was 15 bucks on a drill bit bolts and Paint. I believe there are pictures in my build thread on the first page.[/QUOTEup awesome I'll take a look

You get the drivers seat bracket and make it narrower, then you get another drivers seat bracket and make it narrower and then do a reverse mirror of the front bolt bracket feet bolt holes.

View attachment 953373
Those look great and seems like a solid plan. I'll have to talk it over with my dad and see what he thinks but that looks promising! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom