October ROTM 2014 - Mexico Beach Run 10/17 - 10/19/2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spring break in October? Do you have the right dates, Jeff? FYI, I won't be taking my son on this trip because I plan on being irresponsible.... to a degree.

Oops. Meant to say fall break. I have the dates right. Good catch.

If you are one of those guys that gets ~8MPG consider bringing gas. Murf and I did a lot of driving and Murf put 24.9 gals in his 80 at the first available gas station.:eek:

Also if you guys want a fire bring wood. Even though some may think its gay Duraflame or the likes are great for a beach fire with instant lite, no maintenance, no smell, and a ~4 hour burn time.

I will be down for Friday night at Organ Pipe Cactus National park. I have a bunch of fire wood I can bring. I guess most of us qualify for the 8MPG gallon deal. Anyone bringing a gas can? I hate the thought of filling up with 24.9 gallons.

I normally average 10, but taking beach hijinks into consideration, I'll be looking for a gas can.

Any recommendations for gas cans? It will have to be stowed inside, since I don't have a roof rack or a tricked out rear bumper. Did some searching and saw some NATO style cans that don't vent.

I think youll be ok. I drove around alot before our beach run and didnt top off when I had the chance.

Gas up when you get to El Gulfo and i think youll be more than fine until you get back. I way over pushed my luck but still made it back under my own power and fumes.

Sure everybody knows this but since some didn't know about having Mexican insurance just maybe some don't know a passport is required to travel into Mexico. Been a long time since I've been south of the border back then one wasn't required. Getting one is on my to do list that never seems to get done.:bang:

Sure everybody knows this but since some didn't know about having Mexican insurance just maybe some don't know a passport is required to travel into Mexico. Been a long time since I've been south of the border back then one wasn't required. Getting one is on my to do list that never seems to get done.:bang:

Mexican insurance is only required if you want to avoid jail. Even if it is clearly not your fault you go to jail. With that said I meet people all the time that dont get it.:doh:

Passport "is" required but I know people close to me that have traveled down recently without and there was no delay just a reminder to make sure you get one next time. FWIW I do recommend having a passport.

Mexican insurance is only required if you want to avoid jail. Even if it is clearly not your fault you go to jail. With that said I meet people all the time that dont get it.:doh:.

I remember as not legally required but like you said it goes from doing about anything you want and insurance has you cover to sitting at a stop light and someone tail ends you and you end up getting haul to jail. When I was down a couple of the guys wanted to stay a extra and were trying to figure out where to buy it. Went to the police station/jail to ask about a insurance agent. Unlike a local jail just going inside the station the cells were visible. Did not look like a place I wanted to visit.

As for the passport not something I would try. If it's going to go wrong for anyone that one is going to be me. My luck it would happen trying to get back in the US. Just brought it up because unlike Mexican Insurance a Passport is a legal requirement.

Any recommendations for gas cans? It will have to be stowed inside, since I don't have a roof rack or a tricked out rear bumper. Did some searching and saw some NATO style cans that don't vent.

Bring your Hi-lift and I will make sure you dont run out of gas;)

Done! I sure hope I don't have to learn how to use the thing.[emoji14]

Worse yet is realizing you don't have a reinforced point on the truck were you need it to use the jack.

Splish splashing in those little salty puddles ...

tumblr_m9vclaTPKQ1qzmdqso1_1280.jpg

Im so jealous, I wish the AF wasn't so conservatively analy scared of everything in the world, and would let us travel to Mexico. You guys going will have a blast! I use to go all of time as a teenager with friends.

Splish splashing in those little salty puddles ...

Just make sure you pressure wash all your nooks and crannies when you get home

Looks like fun! I've only been to Mexico once with Conserventures but not to the beach. How much is insurance? Might be in for this one.

You too, you in or what?:clap: Wilma would be the only 60 on the trip:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom