Dumb rear speaker question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There has to be reason we can't use the rear plastic speaker housing with the Pioneer g1044r speaker isn't there? I hollowed it out, speaker fits, grill attaches...

It seems like if I cut the tabs off, silicone it to the housing and install it I would be good to go? Or even fold the tabs over and then silicone it in?

Thanks!

1412441905677.jpg

1412441916969.jpg

1412441927686.jpg

Alright, gonna finish this out and see what happens. I trimmed some more out to make room for the wiring, and here it is, test fit without for panel. Everything is where it was before as far as I can tell

1412443993057.jpg

1412444003881.jpg

1412444019884.jpg

Used high strength double sided tape to mount it to the plastic enclosure, put the panel on and grill snapped right in. Guess it works good :) I did cut the little cross piece out out on the grill cover as it touched the face of the speaker.

1412447283860.jpg

Good job. I did the same thing. There are actually several threads where this has been done before and all successful, as was yours.

Nicely done

Good job. I did the same thing. There are actually several threads where this has been done before and all successful, as was yours.

Nicely done
I suck at searching from my phone I looked and looked and it was all complicated. Good to hear, it seemed to obvious to not have been done

No reason, other than they are not very good.

ok i am assuming that. The PO of my rig installed 4" coaxial pioneers everywhere, and they were terrible. I am unsure what model they were, only that i have 4 that are up for grabs but wouldn't wish on anyone i like.

The pioneers all sound really good, especially compared to the stock speakers/stereo. IM not a huge audio geek, just like it to sound decent. Im sure there are better options out there but im impressed and happy with the huge improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom