Wanted 91 3FE ECU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working out the electrical gremlins in a 3FE 40 build and I'm pretty sure I cooked my ECU.
Please help me get back on track, I'm so close to the finish line...

We have one here at the shop. Looks like the part number is 89661-60080. It is the california emission ECU. Worked when pulled but has been sitting a while under a lot of other ECU's. $75+shipping and it is all yours.

what is the part number of the one you think you smoked?

Just going to say that. Let me know the number and we can compare. I honestly dont know the difference in the two, who knows if the other one was even installed in the US. The part number is there but could not have been used.

Looks like 89661-60090.

20140930_215329.jpg

It may not be dead yet.
I used one of those factory Toyota engine bay service lights as a temp CEL on the ECU side and I smelled burnt electrical stink from the ECU. I took the covers off and the only damage was on the CEL solder points. It still seems to be functioning but I cant get power to the fuel pump from the COR. EFI and COR relays are "clicking" but I only get 10v or so on pin 3 while cranking. Any ideas? Anyone? I'm loosing my mind with wires...

It is the same ECU. I misread mine as an 8 instead of a 9. It could still be the relays. I dont know the schematics inside the ecu and what is connected to each other but if something is burnt in there might not hurt to try fixing that first.

I have one out of an 89 fj62.. can't make out the part number... Adam is great to deal with and has access to a lot of parts..

If you pay for shipping both ways I would be willing to send it to you to see if that fixes it. If it doesnt you can send it back. I would say normally they never go bad but if you saw smoke coming from it and can see burns then that isn't a good sign.

I have had to work a lot recently and haven't had any time to work on it. I bought another COR and need to try that out. I appreciate the quick response and will let you know if I will need to buy your ECU in the next few days

I have had to work a lot recently and haven't had any time to work on it. I bought another COR and need to try that out. I appreciate the quick response and will let you know if I will need to buy your ECU in the next few days
I am pretty sure the ECU's are different ind 1989. The connection plugs changed from green to grey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom