White Smoke and Water Out of Exhaust :::ADVICE PLEASE!:::: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something to consider is that the oil and coolant tests aren't definitive because of the way the head gasket can blow. But if you have white smoke and didn't before, and you have bubbles (exhaust) in your coolant overflow then yah it sucks to say but if it walks like a duck............

Also it seems coincidental how this problem is coinciding with your radiator replacement...........did the truck overheat when the radiator failed? If so then that is probably bad news.

The truck never overheated. It was never spewing or gushing antifreeze.

It never went above halfway on the temp gauge.

I'm def not one to hold on to a dream. Im well aware of what seems to be going on. It just seems that maybe i am very early on in the HG failure?

No milkshake, no Peanut butter, no real rough idle, no tons of white smoke.

I do have: bubbles in antifreeze reservoir, a little water from exhaust when cool, a "random" radiator failure after 200 miles of driving?, mechanic says it was a faulty radiator. no leaks so far.

Last edited:
If you keep obsessing about it, you'll talk yourself into a HG job even if it's okay.

remember this is a forum...views and opinions are purely based on what you are describing. Reality is where you are, I personally don't believe in using various additives to potentially address mechanical issues. It does not sound like you have a head gasket problem...but if you feel strongly about it...go get a compression test and a coolant check that checks for head gasket failure or the oil analysis. Classic head gasket failure symptoms are: major white smoke out the tail pipe all the time, sludge oilly mess under the valve cover, oil in the coolant or the opposite, overheating for no known reason, loss of power/performance. Not singular symptoms but a number of these together. Major failure of the head gasket is normally obvious... if you truck is high milage and never had the gasket replaced...well its time. If not then drive it and have one of the "for sure tests" done, otherwise drive on...

it's fine, if you want just give the smoke a quick smell, if you smell oil or antifreeze do the tests shown. This has happened to every car I have owned.

95% of the products of combustion is water vapor. Steam out of the tailpipe and dripping is normal. Billowing white smoke with a sweet smell is not normal.

Appreciate all the feedback, you guys.

Going to send out the oil sample to blackstone. Are their results pretty solid?

Also going to hang onto the block tester kit and try it again in another week or so. I believe i have 30 days to return it or I bought it. Bonehead at autozone tried giving me a radiator pressure tester, and then some other tool. He told me they didn't have block testers anymore. I gave him the exact part number and what do ya know......they had one in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom