2014 Georgia Cruisers Annual October 18th (1 Viewer)

How would you like the Annual to be held this year? (Read the thread before choosing)

• Ralph's- Trail riding and Cookout

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A cookout at a my house

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Go to Adventure Off-road

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Georgia Cruiser Annual will be held at....

Adventure Off-road
- This option has been brought up, because STLCA is also holding their annual the same weekend. It would allow for the Georgia Cruiser to hangout with each other and STLCA. The club has made some rides up at AOP this year and the trail reports are pretty good. With this option, the club will supply hot dogs and hamburgers and we ask that people bring a side dish or a dessert. Since this option is further away, it would more than likely be an overnighter if you plan on wheeling. The dinner provided by the club would be on Saturday night. There is no extra cost for this event, unless you plan to wheel or camp. Wheeling is $25 a day, passengers are $5 a day...

I know some members are planning on heading up to AOP early Friday and staying till Sunday morning. I personally and going to try and head out Friday after work (maybe a little early) and get up there around 5 or 6 local time (the park is on Central time). From my house in Dacula to the park is 177 miles and around 3 hours.

People coming...
Me
John
Ted
Henry

Who else? Post up with details of when you plan on coming and and when you plan on heading home...

This is a link to the park's website...
http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/

Last edited:
Ralphs is no $30+ park and the Invitational is the weekend before so i wouldn't be able to afford a trip to AOP.

I think all who want to wheel should do so at golden mountain with the ACC crew on the 10-12, then the week after relax at Nick's for the Annual.

wow--$30 or $15 plus Club's Annual cost of anohter $10-20, tough call!!!! Love to wheel Ralph's on occasion but that's pricey, guess we're paying for more than just the wheeling though.

Patrick - Not a bad idea but AOP is half the distance, every bit as good (if not better) a park and hangin' with the STLCA guys makes a trifecta. Honestly, AOP is much more wagon friendly than GM will ever be again, it's very much like GM before it got all rutted to hell and back. Just my 2 Cents.

STLCA has no issue with us crashing their party, in fact they're kinda hoping we will.

Very anxious to see what the club wants to do. If pressed I'd have to go option 3 but that's just me.

Last edited:
I won't vote cause that'd just skew the results, but I thought about suggesting a combination myself. Good luck guys

5 votes and 79 views??? o_O

You know there are going to be guys like John, Dave and Adam that are active members that probably will not vote. Would be helpful to get their take on it as well.

I'll vote if you wants me to. :hillbilly:

I've viewed it like 3 or 4 times, so I'm already messing with your totals.

I vote for option 3. Lets make it a PARTY!

You know there are going to be guys like John, Dave and Adam that are active members that probably will not vote. Would be helpful to get their take on it as well.

Sending the same proposal to the FJ40 list, and telling them to come here to vote, would help. I always got a few bites when I requested annual dues with the list.

RJ - It's definitely worth a shot although I can think of a few not on the list.

Geez, now that I think a little more how many others out there won't ever look at this thread... Hendog, Tom, Phil, Jim, Richard, Thomas, Ron, Jason, etc... etc... etc...

I vote we go see the Tennessee boys up north

Yep I'm still alive, I'd be up for the AOP and hanging with the STLCA folks, always a good time.
:beer:

We are also going to post this on the Georgia Cruiser's Facebook page so people that get on there more than here can put their vote in...Thanks to everyone that has posted and/or voted...

So by my count there are possibly 2 or 3 votes for AOP not reflected in the poll. I believe those using the mobile app can't actually vote or so I've been told.

Think I'm gonna start a poll on what the word "quit" means as well. :hmm:

If you just access MUD through the app (Zack), you can not see the poll at the top and in essence cant vote (one of the many downfalls of the mobile app :bang:)

Hey, I just saw this on facebook my new love, LOL. I vote we buy some worthless steep land, in Georgia, and start our own club!

Its about that time again, the weather is finally starting to cool off and the leaves will start changing in the next few weeks. It is also time for the Georgia Cruisers Annual. We typically hold the annual at Ralph's in Dawsonville, but this year we are going to put it to a vote to see what the members of the club would like to do.

Options-

1. Ralph's
- The price for us to use the property has gone up. Ralph would like $30 a truck that plans to wheel and $15 a person that plans to come but not wheel (come for the cookout/hangout). This price includes no money coming to the club, only paying Ralph. If we hold the annual here, the club will supply hot dogs and hamburgers and we ask that people bring a side dish or a dessert.

2. Cookout at my house
- This option has come up, because most people that come to the annual, do not wheel and this will still allow for the cookout and hangout portion. We have a fire ring in the back and plenty of place for people to hangout and BS about how good their trucks are. With this option, the club will supply hot dogs and hamburgers and we ask that people bring a side dish or a dessert. There is no extra charge beyond bringing a dish.

3. Adventure Off-road
- This option has been brought up, because STLCA is also holding their annual the same weekend. It would allow for the Georgia Cruiser to hangout with each other and STLCA. The club has made some rides up at AOP this year and the trail reports are pretty good. With this option, the club will supply hot dogs and hamburgers and we ask that people bring a side dish or a dessert. Since this option is further away, it would more than likely be an overnighter if you plan on wheeling. The dinner provided by the club would be on Saturday night. There is no extra cost for this event, unless you plan to wheel or camp. Wheeling is $25 a day, passengers are $5 a day...

I have setup the poll to go for the next 2 weeks, so everyone has time to give their input and leaves enough time for the BOD to plan for whichever option is chosen. I will also update this 1st post with more details after we have chosen the option...

I know this might come as a shock to some of you, since we have always had the annual at Ralph's (at least as long as I have been around), but we felt with the price going up, we needed to ask the members if it was still a good option. Feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns that deal with this event. Our goal is to have a great time and provide an option that allows the most members to attend.
Since Ted said I'd never even see this page, I decided to cast my vote. Jason T.

Since Ted said I'd never even see this page, I decided to cast my vote. Jason T.

Haha!!!! Good to see you're still kickin' my friend!!

1337470188570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom