Transmission Questions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently, I exchanged my transmission fluids. 1st time I ran 5 gallons through then refilled. A week later I tried the best I could by draining the tranny fluid through the cooler in the front and by running the lc and having the pump push it out. Then refilled. at 60mph she is running at 3000rpms. I think she isn't shifting into 4th? a week and a half ago the radiator went kaput and there was tranny fluid in the radiator and coolant in the tranny, I replaced the rad. I get a 2 shades darker of pink color now. and she shifts smooth but I can't seem to figure out why she won't shift into 4th. I am usually at 80mph at 3000rpms. I also made sure the tranny cable was 1mm from the red stopper. I don't know if I should continue driving her and flush periodically and hope she finally cures herself or take her to an auto shop?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

You didn't mention if you checked your dip stick... My understanding is that you are not supposed to flush our transmission. Just drain and refill. That is where my expertise ends. Hopefully some one else will chime in. I have heard good things about ACC in Atl. They will definitely get you straightened out if you DIY motivation gets used up. good luck sir.

More information.

You didn't mention if you checked your dip stick... My understanding is that you are not supposed to flush our transmission. Just drain and refill. That is where my expertise ends. Hopefully some one else will chime in. I have heard good things about ACC in Atl. They will definitely get you straightened out if you DIY motivation gets used up. good luck sir.
I never flushed, just exchanged fluids. I drove my LC to work this morning and she shifts wonderfully. I did check the levels and she is exactly to manual. Next week I will drain and replace again. And she should be good for awhile on tranny fluid. Thank you for your advice.

CJF: Dude. You REALLY need to include your year when asking questions like this.

HUIS: Sorry, it's a 94.

CJF: Ah, ok. So, you have an OD OFF button and shift solenoids. Maybe you just have the OD OFF button engaged?

CJF: Dude. You REALLY need to include your year when asking questions like this.

HUIS: Sorry, it's a 94.

CJF: Ah, ok. So, you have an OD OFF button and shift solenoids. Maybe you just have the OD OFF button engaged?
I disengaged the od button and engaged it again. My solenoids are functioning. It just took a half week for the bad ATF to drain out. She is running well now. A lot quieter than before. She is a 94 230,500 miles on her.

disengage the overdrive before you get on the highway, take the on ramp, get up to speed 65 or so, then engage the overdrive, see if it shifts.
She shifts now. Without messing with anything. I just drive normal and the LC drives right. Thank you.

I think what Huis is learning is...don't drive it and it will take care of itself.

Speaking of, I just had my 94 fix its power steering leak all by itself. Just goes to show, if you ignore something long enough, sometimes the problem fixes itself. I think this has happened to me about 3 times since I started my driving career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom