SMORR 2014 PICTURES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks to TAC members who put together another great SMORR event...was wonderful to spend the weekend with friends!

Looooooong drive home. Thanks to everyone for the highway tac meeting. Story later cracking a beer now

We had a second highway TAC meeting after a blown tire. Thanks to Mark, Mike and John E Law for stopping.

Wow the adventures never end. Glad all are eventually getting home safe and looking forward to more campfire stories.

Sammy the pics are great! I need an avatar. Anybody get any pics of me doing a little lumberjack maneuver or something else interesting?

A Mea Culpa. I accidentally picked up someone's long hot dog/marshmallow roasting sticks with red ribbons on the handle thinking that they were Kelly's. Let me know if you are missing some and I will return asap.

Rumor spread of a truck leaving a trailer or possibly someone saw the 80 beside all the others during the first driveshaft fix. Hope everyone is safe if a truck did indeed vacate a tow rig.

Rumor spread of a truck leaving a trailer or possibly someone saw the 80 beside all the others during the first driveshaft fix. Hope everyone is safe if a truck did indeed vacate a tow rig.

That wasn't our group. A chestnut F350 dually drove off the road, lost the mud truck (the kind with the exhaust coming straight up through the hood) and I think the trailer was upside down.

Appeared to be no injuries. My guess either dodged something or was texting.

A Mea Culpa. I accidentally picked up someone's long hot dog/marshmallow roasting sticks with red ribbons on the handle thinking that they were Kelly's. Let me know if you are missing some and I will return asap.

I think that's mine Rob. Who blew the tire? Tread right?

Sam, thanks for the pics. Hope to have ours up soon.

Last edited:
Wow the adventures never end. Glad all are eventually getting home safe and looking forward to more campfire stories.

Sammy the pics are great! I need an avatar. Anybody get any pics of me doing a little lumberjack maneuver or something else interesting?

I also have a great vid...but when I open in my computer, it plays upside down...trying to figure that out...but here ya go: NO HANDS!

IMG_2533.JPG

Nice pre damage pic.

Thank you so much to everyone that put this event together. I second (or third, fourth, fifth...whatever) the fact that the people make the event. I've never felt so welcome, even really only knowing a few people before coming down.

Special thanks:
Kelly - for all the shop time, parts, hospitality, for FINISHING my birf rebuild while I slept! I could go on and on here for my thanks to you...
Erik - for all of your help getting me back up and running
Jobe (spelling?) - for the tool rentals :deadhorse:
Sage - that meal was awesome!
Mark Olsen - for your help and super hospitality
Ashers - meals and hospitality - yum!
Chris - wheeling tips on that last night
Colin and family - for giving me a great snapshot of what my family has to look forward to when Eli gets a little older
Rob R - entertainment factor :steer:
Dave - for getting me hooked with everyone in the first place!

I know I'm forgetting a few, but know that everyone there holds a special place with me.

Sidenote: After I did the walk-around of the carnage with my wife, she told me I have to get a different daily driver and make the 80 a dedicated rig...Big WIN!!!! :cool:

The blow out was a michelin on my tow rig..... spare was low this morning so my '85 brought me to the office today.

Thanks to all for a great event! I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

Mike, congrats on your next vehicle! Maybe it can double as a tow rig....?

I haven't found ours yet from unpacking. We have three of them. I leaned them up against the tree where all the wood was stacked Friday night?

I haven't found ours yet from unpacking. We have three of them. I leaned them up against the tree where all the wood was stacked Friday night?

That's where I picked them up from. I will be heading east later this week. PM me your address and I will drop them off on my way to Illinois.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom